This weekend wrap up is brought to you by Arctic Ease Cryotherapy wraps, the only reusable, non-menthol cooling material for the recovering runner. Click below for more details.
Cool Videos to Watch
CBA Storms Bowdoin
Jen Suhr Sets World Leading in Fredonia
5th Avenue Mile Recap
Katie Lembo (Penfield) gains two big wins this week. First, she nabs first overall at the GCC Cougar Invite. Also, she managed to secure her teams 900th dual meet win, making Coach Hennessy the winningiest coach in the state.
Gianna Frontera (Newburgh) flew to the finish at the Bowdoin Classic, but couldn't defeat the Guevara twins of Miller Place in team scoring.
Sabrina Southerland (Benjamin Cardozo) proved distance didn't die in the city after the graduation of Alexis Panisse, and won the Xavier Invite.
Saratoga Springs held off a solid squad of top seeded teams at the Queensbury Invite, highlighted by Taylor Driscoll's impressive time, earning her the highest speed rating (147) of the season so far.
TJ Hornberger (Lake Shore) went 15 flat over three miles out in East Aurora this weekend, another fast finish for class B
Sibby Hanson (Arlington) has been impressing all so far this season, with a win in the loaded Queensbury field.
Will Ronchetti (Brighton) went 16:09 to win his league meet this week, then followed it up two days later with a third place at the GCC Cougar Invite.
Arlington defended their ranking over a tough Saratoga boys squad, to win out 70-78.
Alli Cash rolls Rim Rock. US#1 Christian Brothers Academy started their quest for another national title in Wappingers Falls NY with a perfect 15 score.
Bowdoin Park in Wappingers Falls NY is the site of Saturday's aptly named Bowdoin XC Classic. It is also the home of the NXN Northeast Regional Qualifier. It is here that, along with a numner of Jerser squads, Christian Brothers Academy will begin the journey that hopefully leads to Portland, Oregon in December.
|Bowdoin XC Classic 9-22-12||John Monz- Weston MA||Matt Herzig- Weston MA|
- 5,000 Meter Run - Gianna Frontera (Newburgh Free Academy) 19:15.30 SB; Kalleigh Forrester (Newburgh Free Academy) 19:18.70 SB; Tiana Guevera (Miller Place) 19:31.23 SB;
- Three Mile Run - Marta Mclaughlin (East Aurora) 17:52.94 SB; Lauren Reyda (Fredonia HS) 18:08.79 SB; Valerie Palermo (Webster Schroeder) 18:09.01 SB; Carolyn Hopkins (Williamsville South) 18:17.87 SB;
- 5,000 Meter Run - Katie Lembo (Penfield) 18:26.71 SB; Georgia Tuttle (West Irondequoit) 19:02.43 SB; Siobhan Quinn (Rush Henrietta Sperry) 19:04.41 SB; Karli O'neill (Churchville-Chili) 19:10.07; Livia Chase (Starpoint) 19:13.17; Tiffany Tate (West Irondequoit) 19:23.84; Soph Tasselmyer (Starpoint) 19:33.06 SB; Mary Visca (Pittsford Sutherland) 19:34.52 SB;
- 5,000 Meter Run - Mickey Burke (Rush Henrietta Sperry) 16:10.51 SB; Brennan Root (Rush Henrietta Sperry) 16:22.08 SB; Will Ronchetti (Brighton) 16:29.75;
It was a big day for Maine runners at the Manchester Invitational. In the girls small school race, Aleta Looker finished 1st, with Greely's Kirsten Sandreuter in 2nd, and her teammate Eva Bates in 3rd. In the boys small school race, Dan Curts edged Silas Eastman as both were timed in 15:42, the times were the fastest of the meet 3 races. Check out more coverage.
MANCHESTER — The first three miles of the boys' elite race at the 38th annual Manchester Invitational Cross Country Classic didn't matter. It all came down to the last point-one mile, and that's where Malcolm Plunkett of South Burlington, Vt., edged out Pat Coppinger of Lowell, Mass., for the win at Derryfield Park on Saturday.“I think it's the closest race I've ever run,” Plunkett said. “I've never had to lean so hard in my life.” The boys' elite was one of 10 races held on the day at what is one of the largest high school cross country events that attracts some of the best talent in the Northeast.
Weekend Video Recap This weekend produced three fantastic races in the Northeast, including the dominating performance by CBA at the Bowdoin Classic. The Manchester Invitational in New Hampshire had another dominating performance by Bishop Hendricken (RI), and a battle between Burnt Hills (NY) and Champlain Valley (Vt) on the girls side. The Amherst Invitational also saw some outstanding races.
- 5,000 Meter Run - Taylor Driscoll (Saratoga Springs) 17:37.70 SB; Courtney Tedeschi (Berne-Knox-Westerlo) 18:44.32 SB; Bella Burda (Arlington) 17:54.97 SB; Tori Spiezio (Greenwich) 19:18.91 SB; Delphi Cleaveland (Arlington) 18:19.55 SB; Jamie Kasza (Fonda-Fultonville) 19:29.52 SB; Olivia Morrow (Saratoga Springs) 18:40.70 SB; Kelly Pasko (Maple Hill) 19:31.56 SB; Keelin Hollowood (Saratoga Springs) 18:51.01 SB; Bellame Bower (Colonie) 18:54.36 SB; Erin Jaskot (Tappan Zee) 19:00.82 SB; Felicia Sciortino (Niskayuna) 19:02.01 SB; Caroline Hampton (Shenendehowa) 19:12.42 SB; Tyra Wynn (Queensbury) 19:13.53 SB; Marianna Lansing (Shaker) 19:13.81 SB; Audre Martino (Shaker) 19:18.20 SB; Julia Zachgo (Shenendehowa) 19:22.67 SB; Dara Cuffe (Cornwall) 19:30.42 SB; Bea Boylan (Cornwall) 19:31.44 SB; Christina Zelenoy (Monroe-Woodbury) 19:36.25 SB; Sarah Morin (Saratoga Springs) 19:37.06 SB; Ashley Leta (Peru) 19:44.79;
- 5,000 Meter Run - Sibby Hanson (Arlington) 15:42.21 SB; Jeremy Spiezio (Greenwich) 16:26.07 SB; Evan Quinones (Saratoga Springs) 16:26.67 SB; Kyle Gronostaj (Columbia (Sec 2)) 16:01.56 SB; Matt Hoffman (Fonda-Fultonville) 16:06.16 SB; Jay Navin (Saratoga Springs) 16:07.33 SB; Dan Janeczko (Shenendehowa) 16:12.76 SB; Aaron Ryley (Arlington) 16:15.06 SB; Luke Gavigan (Tappan Zee) 16:17.80 SB; Alex Shodai (Middletown) 16:18.60 SB; Andrew Tario (Averill Park) 16:20.49 SB; Steve Morrison (Arlington) 16:20.97 SB; Benjamin Fishbein (Bethlehem Central) 16:21.85 SB; Josh Lee (Glens Falls) 16:28.04 SB;
|Megan Reilly||Carmel||Chris Hatler - Pope John NJ||Brian Cook - Pearl River|
|Stephanie Gerland||Holly Cavalluzzo||Kyle Levermore|
- 5,000 Meter Run - Christopher Hatler (Pope John XXIII HS) 15:48.00 SB; Kyle Levermore (Don Bosco Prep) 15:46.70 SB; Scott Meehan (Pope John XXIII HS) 16:11.90 SB; Michael Higgins (Don Bosco Prep) 16:09.60 SB; Mike Flanagan (Don Bosco Prep) 16:25.30 SB; Robert Townsend (Don Bosco Prep) 16:28.60 SB;