Welcome to the 50th Annual Manhattan College Cross Country Invitational.
The Manhattan College Cross Country Invitational Presented by HOKA offers medals for top 75 finishers in every race as well as awards to top teams.
Situated in the northwest corner of New York City, Van Cortlandt Park is renowned in cross country circles as the venue where harrier greats such as Steve Prefontaine, Marty Liquori & Matt Centrowitz first rose to prominence as high school and college runners. In more recent years, Mary Cain, Edward Cheserek and Katelyn Tuohy have established course records over the challenging "Vannie" hills and flats.
Manhattan College XC Invitational Registration
If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact crosscountryinvitation
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION WITH CREDIT CARD PAYMENT (Starting July 22nd)
1. Coaches must enter the meet through the MileSplit registration page:manhattan.milesplit.com
2. After you have completed the entry form, hit submit and pay via credit card.
3. On the right-side rail, please print out a copy of your entry form.
4. Have your Athletic Director sign a hard copy of your entry form and mail it to Manhattan College at the address below. This document will serve as confirmation of your teams' eligibility.
Once received, your team(s) will be added to the Accepted Teams list.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION WITH P.O./CHECK PAYMENT
1. Coaches must enter the meet through the MileSplit registration page.
2. After you have completed the entry form, hit submit.
3. On the right side rail, please print out two (2) copies of your entry form.
4. Have your Athletic Director sign a hard copy of your entry form and mail it to Manhattan College at the address below. This document will serve as confirmation of your teams' eligibility. Once received, your team(s) will be added to the Accepted Teams list.
5. Once your payment order or check is generated, please send the other hard copy of your entry form and your payment to Manhattan College at the address below.
Manhattan College Cross Country Invitational
Attn: Dan Velez
4513 Manhattan College Pkwy
Bronx, NY 10471
Make the check or payment order out to: "Manhattan College."
NOTE: All fees are entry fees, NOT participation fees.
In the event the Manhattan College Cross Country Invitational needs to be canceled, entered teams will be notified as soon as possible and entry will be deferred until 2023.There will be no refunds or entry deferment for teams who enter but do not attend for any reason.
RULES FOR ENTRIES
You must run your best seven (7) runners as your Varsity team. If you run an incomplete Varsity team, you cannot enter a Junior Varsity team. If a sophomore is one of the best seven (7) runners, he/she can compete in the Sophomore Race.
You can enter only one Varsity team.
You cannot enter a Junior Varsity team unless you have entered a Varsity team or an Eastern States Team.
If you are entering the Boys or Girls Eastern States Championship, you cannot also enter a Varsity team (either your Varsity team competes in the Championship Race or a regular Varsity Race).
You can enter an unlimited number of teams in the Junior Varsity, Sophomore or Freshman divisions. Each team is defined as 7 runners or less and each team is subject to the entry fee.
When entering multiple teams in a single division, Team Allocation (A-Team A, B-Team) is non-binding, and can be switched on the day of the meet.
Freshman runners cannot compete in the Sophomore division.
You can enter an unlimited number of Intermediate runners at the entry fee per individual. Intermediate runners are defined as 7th and 8th graders only. There is no team scoring. All Intermediate runners must represent the school that they are attending (wearing the school uniform) and not a club to which they might belong.
Only Intermediate runners are entered as individuals. All Freshman, Sophomore, Junior Varsity and Varsity runners are entered on a "team" basis.
No entrant who has reached his/her 19th birthday before July 1, 2022, shall be eligible to run.
Any freshman who is 16 before July 1, 2022, will be ineligible for the Freshman Race. Boys/Girls repeating the 9th grade are ineligible for the Freshman Race.
* Definition of Sophomore: In 10th grade for the first time and second year of high school after leaving 8th grade. Coaches have the option to enter 7th and/or 8th graders in the Freshman races if they choose to move them from their middle school eligibility.
If a school enters more than one team in the Sophomore, Junior Varsity, or Freshman Races, it must run its 7 BEST on the A team, next 7 on the B team, etc.
Teams need to have a minimum of 5 athletes finish for a team score. In the team scoring there is no displacement of runners who finish on incomplete teams (less than 5 scorers).
If a school runs more than 7 runners in any Varsity/Eastern States team-scoring race they will be disqualified. A school may enter the Sophomore Race without entering a Junior Varsity or Varsity team.
All athletes, including Intermediates, must be on the roster and must have a bib number.
No entry will be accepted from a school that is on the Overdue List.
A member of any team cutting the course will cause disqualification of his/her ENTIRE TEAM in that race.
Team Ties - highest 6th place finisher will be the tie-breaker.
Please do not allow an athlete to compete if they are injured or ill. By sending an athlete to the starting line, the coach has certified that they are healthy and able to participate.
Registration runs July 22, 2022, through October 1, 2022FeesTeam Entries (minimum of five and maximum of seven): $65 per team per raceIntermediate Entries: $12 per runner per race
NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER OCTOBER 1, 2022