Additional Information84th CHSAA VARSITY OUTDOOR INTERSECTIONAL CITY CHAMPIONSHIPS
Saturday, MAY 26, 2012 @ Icahn Stadium, Randall's Island
1. 9:00 Boys 1600m (heats 6 and up) Boys 200 trials (lowest seeded heats)
2. 9:20 400 INTERMEDIATE HURDLE [FINALS]
2. 9:30 GIRLS 400 INTERMEDIATE HURDLE [FINALS]
3. 9:40 ALUMNI 1600 METER RUN
4. 9:45 ALUMNI 400 METER RUN
5. 9:50 COACHES SPRINT MEDLEY
6. 9:55 3000 METER STEEPLECHASE [FINALS]
7. 10:05 Girls 2000m STEEPLECHASE FINALS
8. 10:30 1600 METER RELAY [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
9. 10:50 110 METER HIGH HURDLES [TRIALS]
10. 11:05 GIRLS 100 METER HIGH HURDLE [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
11. 11:15 100 METER [TRIALS]
12. 11:30 GIRLS 100 METER [TRIALS]
13. 11:40 400 METER [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
14. 12:05 800 METER RUN [FINALS]
15. 12:15 GIRLS 800 METER [FINALS]
16. 12:30 GIRLS SOPHOMORE 1600 METER RELAY [FINALS]
17. 12:40 400 METER RELAY [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
18. 12:55 GIRLS 400 METER RELAY [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
19. 1:05 SOPHOMORE BOYS 400 METER RELAY [FINALS]
20. 1:10 3200 METER RUN [FINALS]
21. 1:30 GIRLS 3000 METER [FINALS]
22. 1:45 200 METER (highest seeded heats) [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
23. 2:05 GIRLS 200 METER [TRIALS/6 FASTEST]
24. 2:25 GIRLS 100 METER HIGH HURDLES [FINALS]
25. 2:30 110 METER HIGH HURDLE [SEMI-FINALS]
26. 2:35 100 METER [SEMI-FINAL]
27. 2:40 GIRLS 100 METER [SEMI-FINAL]
28. 2:50 GIRLS FRESHMAN SPRINT MEDLEY [FINALS]
29. 2:55 SOPOHOMORE BOYS 3200 METER RELAY [FINALS]
30. 3:10 1600 METER RUN (Heats 1-5) [FINALS]
31. 3:45 GIRLS 1500 METER [FINALS]
32. 3:55 200 METER [FINALS]
33. 4:00 GIRLS 200 METER [FINALS]
34. 4:05 400 METER [FINALS]
35. 4:10 GIRLS 400 METER [FINALS]
36. 4:20 110 METER HIGH HURDLES [FINALS]
37. 4:25 100 METER [FINALS]
38. 4:30 GIRLS 100 METER [FINALS]
39. 4:35 3200 METER RELAY [FINALS]
40. 4:55 GIRLS 3200 METER RELAY [FINALS]
41. 5:10 400 METER RELAY [FINALS]
42. 5:15 GIRLS 400 METER RELAY [FINALS]
43. 5:20 1600 METER RELAY [FINALS]
44. 5:25 GIRLS 1600 METER RELAY [FINALS]
9:00 GIRLS JAVELIN
9:00 GIRLS POLE VAULT
9:30 GIRLS SHOT PUT 12:00 SEEDED BOYS SHOT
(UNSEEDED TO FOLLOW)
9:30 UNSEEDED BOYS DISC 12:00 GIRLS DISC
9:30 GIRLS TRIPLE JUMP 12:30 GIRLS LONG JUMP
12:30 BOYS LONG JUMP
2:00 BOYS POLE VAULT
9:30 BOYS TRIPLE JUMP 2:30 SEEDED BOYS DISC
9:30 GIRLS HIGH JUMP
[BOYS HIGH JUMP TO FOLLOW]
11:00 BOYS JAVELIN
On Line Entry Procedure for Boys Teams
All entries are due on-line by Monday, May 21 at 10:00 p.m.
*Please note that you may enter early and make changes to your entry at any time up to 10:00 p.m. on May 21. ALL ATHLETES THAT INTEND TO COMPETE MUST BE ENTERED ONLINE.
Make sure that you include at least 4 names on relay teams. You may list up to 6 names. Only those athletes listed on the relay may run on that team, even if someone is injured and cannot run. The relay will count as an event for every person you list, even if he does not run.
Your on-line entry is your official entry. Please print a confirmation to check for errors and please correct all errors online.
The scratch meeting will be held at Archbishop Molloy HS at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 23, 2012. Every school must be represented at the scratches meeting. The head coach may designate a proxy to represent him or her at the meeting. Scratches are to be made at this meeting*****
*** ANY TEAM THAT HAS INTERSECTIONAL ARREARS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE IN THE INTERSECTIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. (THIS PROSPAL WAS PASSED DECEMBER 15, 1984.)
Dinner will be served at 6:00 PM. The seeding/scrath process will begin at 6:30 p.m.
1) Go to: www.just-in-time-racing.com
2) Go to: Spring Track Page
3) Go to Rosters
4) Select Section: (CHSAA)
5) Select School
6) Select Gender
7) Enter Password
8) Press: Login (Do Not Press Enter Key - you must use your mouse)
9) Go to: Meet Entries (Top left hand corner)
10) Go to: Eligible Meets (CHSAA Outdoor City Championships)
11) Start entering your entries
12) Go to: Athlete and choose your athlete
13) Insert Performance - Program will automatically use hand held
times unless you change it to (FAT). Do not convert a hand held time into a (FAT) time, as the computer (program) will adjust the time once I receive it.
14) You can list up to 6 names for each relay.
15) Once finished go to bottom of page and (Save changes to entries)
16) Print a copy of your entries for your record.
Any problems with the program, call Tony Toro (631) 928 - 0991
Any problems with your entry, call Brian Carney (914) 882-0627 or e-mail email@example.com
CHSAA Varsity Championships
Meet Instructions for BOYS
Event Rule: An athlete may compete in a maximum of 2 events.
NO-FALSE-START RULE IS IN EFFECT FOR THIS MEET!
Awards: Top 3 Teams receive Plaques
Top 5 Individuals receive Medals
Top 5 Relay Teams receive Medals
Outstanding Track Performer
Outstanding Field Performer
Batons: Supplied by the meet.
Stickers: All individual running events. Please write the athlete's first and last
name and the school on the sticker.
Relay Cards: School Name (Write A, B, C...if you have more than 1 team in that event)
First and Last Name of all Runners
Seed Time (Be Reasonable)
Starting Heights: 5' 4 for the High Jump 10' for the Pole Vault
Prefered Lanes: 4-5-3-6-2-7-1-8 Top seeds will receive preferred lanes.
100 Dash & Hurdles Advancement:
Trials: 12 Runners will advance to the Semi-Finals (if an athlete from one of
the Buffalo schools should advance, he will run in the Semi-Finals in addition to our 12). The winner of each Seeded Heat in the Trials
will advance to the Semis. The athletes with the fastest non-winning times
in the seeded sections will also advance to fill out the field of 12.
Semi-Finals: 6 Athletes will advance to the Finals (again, should an athlete from
one of the Buffalo schools advance, he will run in the Finals in addition to
our 6). The top 2 in each Semi-Final and the next 2 fastest times will
advance to the Finals.
Field Events: The top 8 seeds will perform in the final flight and be given a 10 minute
warm-up prior to competing. All other flights will be given a general
warm-up prior to the event and progress continuously without further
warm-up in the order of seeds (beginning with the 9th seed) with the
unseeded sections competing in the last flight before the top seeded section's warm up and competition.
If a field athlete is also competing in another event that conflicts with the
timing of the field event, it is the athlete's responsibility to confer with
the Field Event Officials to arrange a time to compete. The athlete must
jump or throw before the Finals of the Field Event begin! *** See Changes for 2011 below
Maximum Athletes in each race:
400 8 in All Sections
800 10 in Seeded Section; 12 in Unseeded Sections- exceptions can be made at the discretion of the clerks when we use an 8 lane track. (proposal passed 2011)
1600 12 in Seeded Section; 15 in Unseeded Sections *** See Change for 2011 below
3200 12 in Seeded Section; 15 in Unseeded Sections- exceptions can be made at the discretion of the clerks when we use an 8 lane track. (proposal passed 2011)
3000steeple 15 in Seeded Section; 15 in Unseeded Sections- exceptions can be made at the discretion of the clerks when we use an 8 lane track. (proposal passed 2011)
400 Meter Relay 8 in All Sections, 6 to finals
1600 Meter Relay 8 in All Sections
3200 Meter Relay 10 in Seeded Section; 14 in Unseeded Sections
100,110 HH, 200,400, 400Relay, 1600m Relay trials:
Heats are seeded in preferred lanes according to the following seeds
NOTE : The following Changes went into effect in 2011 and will continue for 2012
1. All athletes that intend to compete must be seeded before the meet.
2. Scratches the day of the meet:
a. Running events: with the exception of the 1st heat of an event that is a final on time (Ie. 400IH, 800,1600,3200, 4x800, steeple) will leave open lanes if athletes scratches.
b. Field events: no changes will be made to flights the day of the meet. If an athlete scratches all flights will remain the same. IF an athlete wishes to jump or throw in a different flight, that must be declared at the seeding meeting by the coach. (ie. #1 seed wishes to jump in earliest flight to avoid a conflict with another event) All flights after the meeting are final.
3. 5 heats of the mile will be run during the currently scheduled time frame. The number of athletes in each heat as follows: H1-12, H2-15, Heats 3-5, 20 in each. All other entrants in the mile will run before the 400IH at a time to be determined based on the number of entrants.
4. The meet director and games committee have the discretion to establish a cut off measure after the first throw for the unseeded sections of disc, shot, and jav based on the number of entrants in each event. If a cut-off is to be used it will be announced after the seeding meeting.
5. Field event warm-ups: All flights will be given a 5 minute warm-up. The top flights will be given at least 10 minutes with more time allowed at the official's discretion.
6. Pole Vault: Only athletes that have cleared the opening height of 10 feet during the season may compete. (medical exceptions can be made)
New for 2012:
We will run some of slower seeded heats of the 200 in lanes 3-8 at the same time (approximately 9AM) as the slower seeded heats of the mile.
CHSAA OUTDOOR INTERSECTIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MEET RECORDS - updated 3/20/2012
100y 9.8 L Pinder St Francis Prep 1958
100y 9.8 S Mcintosh Rice 1965
100y 9.8 E McNeil Bishop Loughlin 1976/1977
100m 10.5 G Gooden Nazareth 1985
100m 10.5 C Cox Nazareth 1997
220y 20.8 s J Fernandez Dubois 1958
220y 21.7 J Hallinan Fordham Prep 1970
220y 21.7 C Francis St Francis 1976
200m 21.3 G Gooden Nazareth 1985
400m 47.58 Patrick Farmer St. Anthony's 2010
440y 48.2 1t W Boyle Chaminade 1977
440y 48.9 R Rampino Nazareth 1967
440y 48.9 E Kane Chaminade 1977
880y 1:50.6 T Carroll Fordham Prep 1957
1mile run 4:08.6 T Colon Power Memorial 1970
2mile run 8:50.7 J Gregorek St Anthonys 1978
120 y H.H. 14.0 A Jordan Cardinal Spellman 1979
330 y IH 39.1 R Bartialter Xaverian 1978
400m IH 52.3 B. McCants Archbishop Molloy 1999
1.5mi steep 7:14.1 M Brown Lasalle 1972
3000m S.C. 9:08.11 R. McDermott Chaminade 2007
400mrelay 42.46 Rachiele, DuPlessis, Lochure, SeagravesSt. John the Baptist 2009
880y relay 01:29.3 Davis, Reilly, Hall, Mcguire Cardinal Hayes 1971
1600 m relay 03:17.4 Cannon, Hines, Cannon, Raveneli Holy Trinity 1988
3200mrelay 07:50.0 Cross, Edwards, Lancaster, Issac Bishop Loughlin 1996
Discus 191'5 S Gigante Iona Prep 1997
Javelin 218'8 S Francks Archbishop Molloy 1973
New Jav 185'11 M Megerdichian Archbishop Molloy 2006
Shot Put 63'1 S Dellacroce St Peters 1981
Pole Vault 16'0 Brian McGovern Mount Saint Michael 2008
Long Jump 23'7.5 K McKewen St John the Baptist 1996
High Jump 6'9.75 A Wynder St Agnes L.I. 1982
Triple Jump 48'2.5 C Lopez Archbishop Molloy 1991
Pentathlon 3251 pts M Graf Archbishop Molloy 1991
Hammer 208'9 S Gigante Iona Prep 1997
Previous Team Champions Wins
Bishop Loughlin/St James 19.5 All Hallows 1
St Anns/ Archbishop Molloy 15.5 Archbishop Stepinac 1
St. Anthonys 7.5 Xaverian 1
Chaminade 7 Power Memorial 1
Cardinal Hayes 4 St Peters 0.5
Mt St Michael 4
Fordham Prep 4 The present day Bishop Loughlin was known as
St Augustines 3 St. James until 1934.
St Francis Prep 3 The now closed St. Augustine was known as
Msgr Farell 2 Bishop Loughlin until 1934.
Msgr McClancy 3
DeLaSalle 1 The present day Archbishop Molloy was known as
Iona Prep 1 St. Ann's until 1957
Manhattan Prep 1 No meet was held in 1968 due to the assassination
LaSalle 1 of NY Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
Msgr. Farrell 1
- CHSAA Varsity Outdoor Intersectional City Championship 2012
Created by JimPhillips, 0 replies