It's the week of the NCAA D1 Championships in the newly renovated Track and Field Facility in Eugene, Oregon. The pinnacle of College Athletics, as several athletes are hitting their stride, hoping to continue straight on through to the Olympic Trials.
But what about our familiar faces? We've combed through the entries to pick out those from the Empire State, and have all the info you'll need to know. Check it out below.
See someone we missed? Are they a relay leg? Let us know at email@example.com
- The PSAL and Section 2, 5 are tied for most represented Sections, with 4 athletes a piece.
- Burke, Adams, Villaman (Boys) and Wheeler, Vestri (Girls) never won a New York State Title.
- Tai Brown (3rd) and Abbey Wheeler (2nd) are the highest seeded New Yorkers.
- Both Saratoga HS and Beacon HS have multiple individuals competing.
- 3 of 4 NY-only HS events have representation, with qualifiers in B/G 400H and B-Steeple.
- Hamilton HS (Girls) and Byron-Bergen (Boys) are the smallest schools to produce qualifiers.
400m - Noah Williams - LSU - McQuaid
3000m - Conor Lundy - North Carolina - Fordham Prep
110H - Tai Brown - Kentucky - Midwood
400H - Denzel Villaman - Florida - Franklin K. Lane
400H - David Adams - Northeastern - Beacon
3K Steeple - Aidan Tooker - Syracuse - Saratoga
3K Steeple - Parker Stokes - Georgetown - Maine-Endwell
HJ - Brandon Burke - Buffalo - Byron-Bergen
LJ - Rayvon Grey - LSU - Beacon
SP - Eric Favors - South Carolina - North Rockland
100m - Lanae-Tava Thomas - USC - Rush-Henrietta Sperry
200m - Lanae-Tava Thomas - USC - Rush-Henrietta Sperry
800m - Lindsey Butler - Virginia Tech - Corning
1500m - Sage Hurta - Colorado - Hamilton
5000m - Emily Mackay - Binghamton - Union-Endicott
10,000m - Abbey Wheeler - Providence - Elmira
10,000m - Amanda Vestri - Syracuse - Webster Thomas
10,000m - Kelsey Chmiel - NC State - Saratoga
100H - Paula Salmon - NC A&T - Unattached NY
400H - Vanessa Watson - Tennessee - Spencerport
PV - Leah Pasqualetti - Kent State - Orchard Park
LJ - Leah Moran - Indiana - Stillwater
TJ - Leah Moran - Indiana - Stillwater
HT - Jillian Shippee - North Carolina - Shenendehowa
Hep - Shayla Broughton - Mississippi State - Medgar Evers
4x400m - Amanda Crawford - Texas Tech - Paul Robeson