All Class Pre-Season Rankings
08/19/2015 9:40:25 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Boys is up, Girls soon8-)!
Boys is up, Girls soon!
08/20/2015 12:03:45 PM
Power User
Where are the Lovett girls? With the addition of Hooper this year they have a 1-4 to match anyone!
Where are the Lovett girls? With the addition of Hooper this year they have a 1-4 to match anyone!
08/20/2015 12:16:27 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
And no Brookwood boys.
And no Brookwood boys.
08/20/2015 4:15:57 PM
User
@coachac I see where the ranker is coming from with respect to BW. I had them outside the top four of AAAAAA but not outside the top ten all class as the ranker had them. Given BW's streak (now 21 years I believe) in the top four, I would not want to bet against them (despite my own preseason analysis).
@coachac

I see where the ranker is coming from with respect to BW. I had them outside the top four of AAAAAA but not outside the top ten all class as the ranker had them. Given BW's streak (now 21 years I believe) in the top four, I would not want to bet against them (despite my own preseason analysis).
08/21/2015 7:49:30 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
I see Lambert's boys making their way onto this list very soon.
I see Lambert's boys making their way onto this list very soon.
08/21/2015 8:45:22 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Most likely there will be changes of some sort each week. Some teams will fall off the list and then work their way back on by late October.Some will drop off never to return. Lambert is a good call to join the group. Of course Brookwood as well. Probably a lot of movement on the girls list as well.
Most likely there will be changes of some sort each week. Some teams will fall off the list and then work their way back on by late October.Some will drop off never to return. Lambert is a good call to join the group. Of course Brookwood as well. Probably a lot of movement on the girls list as well.
08/23/2015 5:42:51 PM
User
Taking the results from the first weekend, using last year's course time adjustments, and putting everyone into a virtual meet, I get the following results: Brookwood 124, Mill Creek 127, F Branch 160, Whitewater 164, S. Forsyth 174, St. Pius 187, N Oconee 201, W. Forsyth 208, N Hall 216, Walton 253. With teams like Marietta, Walton, P Ridge, Etowah, and Lambert starting joining the party next week, some of these teams will likely fall out of the top 10.
Taking the results from the first weekend, using last year's course time adjustments, and putting everyone into a virtual meet, I get the following results: Brookwood 124, Mill Creek 127, F Branch 160, Whitewater 164, S. Forsyth 174, St. Pius 187, N Oconee 201, W. Forsyth 208, N Hall 216, Walton 253. With teams like Marietta, Walton, P Ridge, Etowah, and Lambert starting joining the party next week, some of these teams will likely fall out of the top 10.
08/23/2015 6:14:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Extremely impressive run by Shewbert of Flowery Branch yesterday at the Pickens Preview. On the girls side, the Mill Creek team looks very good. Two girls in the 18:40s on a moderate course on August 22nd - not far off from Tuttle's time 2 years ago when she had such a great year. Hats off to the West Forsyth team for the win yesterday at Pickens. I'm not sure if anyone can beat Northview with all 5 of their top girls running, but West Forsyth certainly looks poised to give it a run. Also can't count out South Forsyth - missing their #2 yesterday.
Extremely impressive run by Shewbert of Flowery Branch yesterday at the Pickens Preview.

On the girls side, the Mill Creek team looks very good. Two girls in the 18:40s on a moderate course on August 22nd - not far off from Tuttle's time 2 years ago when she had such a great year.

Hats off to the West Forsyth team for the win yesterday at Pickens. I'm not sure if anyone can beat Northview with all 5 of their top girls running, but West Forsyth certainly looks poised to give it a run. Also can't count out South Forsyth - missing their #2 yesterday.
08/23/2015 6:33:12 PM
User
@kml60 Right now I like Mill Creek also. Northview and SF were both missing a top 5 runner but West would still have given them a close race. And with loads of depth. Should be interesting n
@kml60

Right now I like Mill Creek also. Northview and SF were both missing a top 5 runner but West would still have given them a close race. And with loads of depth. Should be interesting n
08/23/2015 6:43:30 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@kml60 just an FYI: Making the MC girls' time all the more impressive, I believe the course yesterday was different from the course 2 years ago with Tuttle's time. The present course has a fairly good-size hill that you do twice whereas the old course ended up with a roughly 500m finishing circle on the track. I would guess the new course is about 20-30 seconds harder than the old course. Just my best guess....
@kml60 just an FYI: Making the MC girls' time all the more impressive, I believe the course yesterday was different from the course 2 years ago with Tuttle's time. The present course has a fairly good-size hill that you do twice whereas the old course ended up with a roughly 500m finishing circle on the track. I would guess the new course is about 20-30 seconds harder than the old course. Just my best guess....
08/24/2015 9:00:33 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
NEGA had the same course this year as last year for the 5k. Savannah Carnahan won last year in 19:00. I think this years course was a little slower than last year due to the rain all week. There was mud and wet footing on the hill loop that made the couse a little more difficult. The girls top 10 included a lot of quality runners for sure. The 2 Mill Creek girls defeated runners with the following accomplishments last year: AAA state XC champ (Honiotes) 4:51 1600 (Block) AAAAA XC champ (Hooker)) AAA state champ in 1600 and 800 (Morales)
NEGA had the same course this year as last year for the 5k. Savannah Carnahan won last year in 19:00. I think this years course was a little slower than last year due to the rain all week. There was mud and wet footing on the hill loop that made the couse a little more difficult. The girls top 10 included a lot of quality runners for sure. The 2 Mill Creek girls defeated runners with the following accomplishments last year:
AAA state XC champ (Honiotes)
4:51 1600 (Block)
AAAAA XC champ (Hooker))
AAA state champ in 1600 and 800 (Morales)
08/30/2015 9:38:39 AM
User
[quote=dataholic]Taking the results from the first weekend, using last year's course time adjustments, and putting everyone into a virtual meet, I get the following results: Brookwood 124, Mill Creek 127, F Branch 160, Whitewater 164, S. Forsyth 174, St. Pius 187, N Oconee 201, W. Forsyth 208, N Hall 216, Walton 253. With teams like Marietta, Walton, P Ridge, Etowah, and Lambert starting joining the party next week, some of these teams will likely fall out of the top 10.[/quote] @dataholic Using dataholic's scoring as a starting point to value teams that did not run this week and looking at this week's results, I get the following top ten: [b]Marietta[/b] - Benson DNR/DNF (?); other 4 studs went 1-4 in Savannah under 15:56; Poteet ran this course in 16:12 last year in (perhaps) hotter conditions; depth could be an issue [b]Milton[/b] - 7 under 16:45 at new Bob Blastow course, all in front of S. Forsyth #2 - S. Forsyth were #5 above; yes, this is a fast course but this team has a legit #1 and crazy depth [b]Brookwood[/b] - off, so I kept them ahead of: [b]Mill Creek[/b] - ran a tough course and beat a tough field, #5 ran 17:13 [b]Lambert[/b] - Schwind finished sub-16:00 right behind the Marietta juggernaut, 5 under 17:00 on a course that is definitely faster than Nash Farms [b]Marist[/b] - #2 at Nash paced by Pittman's win and strong 1-7 (and #8, #9...) [b]St. Pius[/b] - graduated some fast guys, doesn't matter, strong again; fastest #4 runner at Nash [b]Peachtree Ridge[/b] - #5 ran 17:07 on a fast but not crazy fast course [b]Forsyth Central[/b] - Could have two very strong front runners based on past performances, 6 under 17 minutes, beat S. Forsyth [b]Whitewater[/b] - #4 at Nash Based on this week's racing, next I would have South Forsyth and Lakeside Dekalb. Special shout-out to Bleckley County for going to Wesleyan and winning on that course, beating the hosts and a couple of 6A State hopefuls in Northview and Collins Hill.
dataholic wrote:

@dataholic

Using dataholic's scoring as a starting point to value teams that did not run this week and looking at this week's results, I get the following top ten:

Marietta - Benson DNR/DNF (?); other 4 studs went 1-4 in Savannah under 15:56; Poteet ran this course in 16:12 last year in (perhaps) hotter conditions; depth could be an issue
Milton - 7 under 16:45 at new Bob Blastow course, all in front of S. Forsyth #2 - S. Forsyth were #5 above; yes, this is a fast course but this team has a legit #1 and crazy depth
Brookwood - off, so I kept them ahead of:
Mill Creek - ran a tough course and beat a tough field, #5 ran 17:13
Lambert - Schwind finished sub-16:00 right behind the Marietta juggernaut, 5 under 17:00 on a course that is definitely faster than Nash Farms
Marist - #2 at Nash paced by Pittman's win and strong 1-7 (and #8, #9...)
St. Pius - graduated some fast guys, doesn't matter, strong again; fastest #4 runner at Nash
Peachtree Ridge - #5 ran 17:07 on a fast but not crazy fast course
Forsyth Central - Could have two very strong front runners based on past performances, 6 under 17 minutes, beat S. Forsyth
Whitewater - #4 at Nash

Based on this week's racing, next I would have South Forsyth and Lakeside Dekalb.

Special shout-out to Bleckley County for going to Wesleyan and winning on that course, beating the hosts and a couple of 6A State hopefuls in Northview and Collins Hill.
08/30/2015 1:26:31 PM
User
@ExcelOrator I had the identical top nine schools in a similar (but not exact) order as you had. I had Archer at #10 with Whitewater at #11.
@ExcelOrator

I had the identical top nine schools in a similar (but not exact) order as you had. I had Archer at #10 with Whitewater at #11.
08/30/2015 6:26:58 PM
Power User
I know the Savannah course is flat, but the times seem a little quick, was the course different? Marietta ran near their PR's from last year. Archer's top 5 averaged a 1:58 drop from Kosh, and their 3 runners that ran last year averaged a 51 second PR...Keep in mind we are in week 2 in AUGUST... 5 in the top 20 ran slower than their PR, 12 ran PR's, and 3 didn't run last year. Average PR was 20 seconds. We all know that the better you are the harder it is to PR. These top 20 had PR's from Lambert River Run, Asics, and McAlpine (Footlocker/Wendy's).
I know the Savannah course is flat, but the times seem a little quick, was the course different? Marietta ran near their PR's from last year. Archer's top 5 averaged a 1:58 drop from Kosh, and their 3 runners that ran last year averaged a 51 second PR...Keep in mind we are in week 2 in AUGUST...

5 in the top 20 ran slower than their PR, 12 ran PR's, and 3 didn't run last year. Average PR was 20 seconds. We all know that the better you are the harder it is to PR. These top 20 had PR's from Lambert River Run, Asics, and McAlpine (Footlocker/Wendy's).
08/30/2015 7:23:39 PM
User
@xcnewbee maybe wheelinthesky will report...
@xcnewbee

maybe wheelinthesky will report...
08/30/2015 7:46:41 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@xcnewbee Maybe we just look at finish places and team scores.
@xcnewbee

Maybe we just look at finish places and team scores.
08/30/2015 8:05:24 PM
User
Times obtained from the Kosh course won't be a very fair indicator if one was trying to compare a fast flat coastal course. The weather from one year to another can also influence times as well. Archer has some talented runners this year and I hope our boys get a chance to race them again.
Times obtained from the Kosh course won't be a very fair indicator if one was trying to compare a fast flat coastal course. The weather from one year to another can also influence times as well. Archer has some talented runners this year and I hope our boys get a chance to race them again.
08/30/2015 8:13:30 PM
Power User
I'm not saying they aren't talented. Just that to run a PR on a fast course one year and then race early season on a quick course, it's still hard to PR by close to a minute across the board. Rankers will definitely have to take just place into acount then. Hopefully Battle of Atlanta gets results fixed as well. I will say BOA wasn't as hot or dusty as last year which was nice!
I'm not saying they aren't talented. Just that to run a PR on a fast course one year and then race early season on a quick course, it's still hard to PR by close to a minute across the board.

Rankers will definitely have to take just place into acount then. Hopefully Battle of Atlanta gets results fixed as well. I will say BOA wasn't as hot or dusty as last year which was nice!
08/30/2015 8:27:16 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@xcnewbee The course was changed this year (new race director)....you can't compare these times to last year. I've been hearing the course was 2.95....just my 2 cents.
@xcnewbee

The course was changed this year (new race director)....you can't compare these times to last year. I've been hearing the course was 2.95....just my 2 cents.
08/30/2015 9:54:14 PM
Power User
@xcnewbee what is wrong with the Battle of Atlanta results? My take away - Mill Creek is the real deal and I may have to eat my words haha.
@xcnewbee

what is wrong with the Battle of Atlanta results?

My take away - Mill Creek is the real deal and I may have to eat my words haha.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.