The Top 10 Moments of 2013 Honorable Mention List
1. Saint Anthony's Captures Fed Title
The CHSAA takes home their first Fed title since Saint Anthony's did it before in 1992. St. Anthony's grabs the win by dominating the competition.
2. Anton Porter Blows Away Field For NY #4 All-Time
Anton Porter hits NY #4 All-Time in the 100m to grab a spot in the Dream 100m at NY Relays. He would later run 10.41 at NBON.
3. Alexis Daniels Improves 10 Feet in 2 weeks to capture National Silver
The Junior had never broken 40ft in the Shot before her 45foot launch at the New Balance Games. She'd follow that up with two more 45ft throws, before a monster 48-8.25 for silver.
4. Eric Favors Sets State Record On Final Throw of Indoor States
On his last throw of the competition, Eric Favors launchs the shot further than anyone before, breaking a record less than a year old.
5. Newburgh Breaks Own 4x200m State Record
Trying to find the perfect handoff chemisty, Newburgh finally gets it right to break their own State Record.
6. Brenessa Thompson Battles Lanae Tava Thomas in 100m
Freshman Lanae Tava Thomas had dominated the 55m at States Indoors, after an injury knocked off senior Brenessa Thompson. But Thompson return with extra motivation outdoors, and take the title back.
7. Sam Wray Breaks Through
Two discus throwers up in Section 6 were pushing eachother to new limits, and Sam Wray pulled out a Junior State Record performance to settle the conversation.
8. Benjamin Cardozo hits 3:43 against the Nation
Outlasting VA's Western Branch, as well as handing Motor City a rare relay loss, Cardozo throws down a 3:43.82 to win the Armory Collegiate Invite.
9. Jack Jibb Aims For Team Britain
Jack Jibb runs away from the field at the Outdoor State Meet to break 9 mins, and qualify for his National Squad.
10. Elmira wins McQuaid
Elmira shocks the nation as they take down National Powerhouse Fayetteville-Manlius and Shenendehowa at the McQuaid Invite.