45th Glenn D. Loucks Games 2012
05/09/2012 1:27:48 PM
User
The meet instructions clearly state that to be seeded for an individual race you must have an actual seed time. It is clear looking at the girl's 800 this is not being followed. There are a number of girls seeded who don't have open times based on looking at the State rankings for the 800 for this spring, this winter and also looking at last year's Loucks results. Is anyone actually checking to see if the coaches are being truthful? It is unfair to lower seeded runners who will be forced to runn in a slower heat and other runners denied the opportunity to race at all.
The meet instructions clearly state that to be seeded for an individual race you must have an actual seed time. It is clear looking at the girl's 800 this is not being followed. There are a number of girls seeded who don't have open times based on looking at the State rankings for the 800 for this spring, this winter and also looking at last year's Loucks results. Is anyone actually checking to see if the coaches are being truthful? It is unfair to lower seeded runners who will be forced to runn in a slower heat and other runners denied the opportunity to race at all.
05/09/2012 5:22:43 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Which runners do you question? Seems to me like 14 of the top 15 runners have posted sub 2:20 800m times. You won't find the times only on New York State sites. A few runners travel from adjoining states or even other countries (Canada).
Which runners do you question? Seems to me like 14 of the top 15 runners have posted sub 2:20 800m times. You won't find the times only on New York State sites. A few runners travel from adjoining states or even other countries (Canada).
05/09/2012 6:24:26 PM
User
@WPPat The top 15-20 are easy. They are legit and have the times to prove it. I wasn't going after any of the out of staters because it would be too hard to verify but I know there are a number of Westchester County runners seeded with sub 2:22 times that don't have the race to back up their seeds.
@WPPat The top 15-20 are easy. They are legit and have the times to prove it. I wasn't going after any of the out of staters because it would be too hard to verify but I know there are a number of Westchester County runners seeded with sub 2:22 times that don't have the race to back up their seeds.
05/09/2012 9:52:00 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Several years back a Westchester coach was caught by the Penn Relays committee fudging times and was put on probation. Something like that must be pretty embarassing.
Several years back a Westchester coach was caught by the Penn Relays committee fudging times and was put on probation. Something like that must be pretty embarassing.
05/09/2012 10:18:55 PM
User
The rankings on Milesplit are not a good way to do background research by any means, since not all meets are added to those lists. The only meets added to those lists are those with results in RaceTab format, which leaves out a lot of schools [s]that are living in the stone age of results land[/s] that do not post in RaceTab format for any reason. The rankings also do not update in an automated fashion.
The rankings on Milesplit are not a good way to do background research by any means, since not all meets are added to those lists. The only meets added to those lists are those with results in RaceTab format, which leaves out a lot of schools that are living in the stone age of results land that do not post in RaceTab format for any reason. The rankings also do not update in an automated fashion.
05/10/2012 11:18:32 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Could this be the year? Hometown record holder Greg Herzog (4:09.19) has held the Loucks mile/1600m meet record for 33 years. After 4 close calls (within 2 seconds) through the years including Zavon Watkins (4:11.13) last year...could one or both of the duo of Edward Cheserek "the Gift from the Rift" and Watkins take down the record at long last. It certainly appears ripe for the taking. We will see.
Could this be the year? Hometown record holder Greg Herzog (4:09.19) has held the Loucks mile/1600m meet record for 33 years. After 4 close calls (within 2 seconds) through the years including Zavon Watkins (4:11.13) last year...could one or both of the duo of Edward Cheserek "the Gift from the Rift" and Watkins take down the record at long last. It certainly appears ripe for the taking. We will see.
05/12/2012 8:12:37 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Amazingly.....Herzog's record still stands in the 1600m. Cheserek was within a second.
Amazingly.....Herzog's record still stands in the 1600m. Cheserek was within a second.
05/12/2012 9:16:21 PM
User
valencia hannon ran a 11.81 in the final 100m but she was told it was wind aided but the heat before and two minutes after were not wind aided and the other races that were ran wind aided how can that be?i know everyboby loves record but they are meant to be broken.the flag was not moving.someone should look into this!!!!
valencia hannon ran a 11.81 in the final 100m but she was told it was wind aided but the heat before and two minutes after were not wind aided and the other races that were ran wind aided how can that be?i know everyboby loves record but they are meant to be broken.the flag was not moving.someone should look into this!!!!
05/13/2012 12:33:35 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I worked the wind gauge at the Long Jump on Friday....there were some readings in excess of 4 on Friday. It is unfortunate that a steady gust happened at the start of this race.
I worked the wind gauge at the Long Jump on Friday....there were some readings in excess of 4 on Friday. It is unfortunate that a steady gust happened at the start of this race.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.