New Balance Indoor Nationals 2011
03/06/2011 9:37:07 AM
User
Late entry? My thrower, Chuk Enekwechi, was not registred on the weight throw (he is on top 10 throwers in the country) because of the mistake of the Phis/Ed teacher of F. Lewis H.S. What do I have to do to enter him in the competition? Joe Roman, Coach
Late entry?
My thrower, Chuk Enekwechi, was not registred on the weight throw (he is on top 10 throwers in the country) because of the mistake of the Phis/Ed teacher of F. Lewis H.S.
What do I have to do to enter him in the competition?

Joe Roman, Coach
03/06/2011 11:40:09 AM
Coach
I believe registration for the meet is open until 3pm today, course there will be a late fee added on. You'll need the athletes information like d.o.b, etc. some instances will allow the super late registration policy from tomorrow to wednesday.
I believe registration for the meet is open until 3pm today, course there will be a late fee added on. You'll need the athletes information like d.o.b, etc.

some instances will allow the super late registration policy from tomorrow to wednesday.
03/06/2011 12:21:55 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
You will also need a USATF #. $19.99B-) for one year. Hurry and sign up coach
You will also need a USATF #. $19.99 for one year. Hurry and sign up coach
03/07/2011 12:49:53 PM
Coach
I don't think you need a USATF #. I was able to register my athletes without one.
I don't think you need a USATF #. I was able to register my athletes without one.
03/07/2011 1:13:02 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@peac7 you can register without one but when you go to the meet to pick up your packet your stuff will not be released to you until you can show proof of usatf membership
@peac7 you can register without one but when you go to the meet to pick up your packet your stuff will not be released to you until you can show proof of usatf membership
03/07/2011 4:14:18 PM
User
@mcphysed but if we bring a printed reciept of the USATF membership purchase, we will still be allowed to compete?
@mcphysed but if we bring a printed reciept of the USATF membership purchase, we will still be allowed to compete?
03/07/2011 4:14:55 PM
User
because i just purchased my membership and it takes weeks to send, said the website.
because i just purchased my membership and it takes weeks to send, said the website.
03/07/2011 7:07:52 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@gabbyc yes that will do.
@gabbyc yes that will do.
03/08/2011 8:53:52 AM
User
@mcphysed thanks-did not realize that you had to present proof of your usatf registration-good question coach I will print my copy now-also question in the emerging elite division how many athletes will advance to the finals-for example will 9 advance in the jumps and throws-will 12 advance in the 200m and 100m -this is not stated in the meet information-
@mcphysed thanks-did not realize that you had to present proof of your usatf registration-good question coach I will print my copy now-also question in the emerging elite division how many athletes will advance to the finals-for example will 9 advance in the jumps and throws-will 12 advance in the 200m and 100m -this is not stated in the meet information-
03/08/2011 9:51:31 AM
User
@JJRoman CHUCK is not your Thrower, he is a member of Francis Lewis Track team, you have been working with him for only 3 months in which he improve a whoping 4 inches.
@JJRoman CHUCK is not your Thrower, he is a member of Francis Lewis Track team, you have been working with him for only 3 months in which he improve a whoping 4 inches.
03/08/2011 8:41:41 PM
User
@breadfruit Correction my dear, Chuk (not Chuck) is working in my program for the second year and actually he improved 8ft. 7inch on the shot put since last year (62'4 from 53'9) and 20 ft.2 inches on the weight throw (69'6 from 49'4)Yes, a "whooping" 20 feet and than some. How about that fruitcake?! Coach Roman Level III USATF certified coach for throws PSAL Clinician Golden member of NTCA (national throwing coaches association) Member of the continuing education committee
@breadfruit

Correction my dear,
Chuk (not Chuck) is working in my program for the second year and actually he improved 8ft. 7inch on the shot put since last year (62'4 from 53'9) and 20 ft.2 inches on the weight throw (69'6 from 49'4)Yes, a "whooping" 20 feet and than some.
How about that fruitcake?!

Coach Roman
Level III USATF certified coach for throws
PSAL Clinician
Golden member of NTCA (national throwing coaches association)
Member of the continuing education committee
03/09/2011 9:22:47 AM
User
@JJRoman Woooooo, kudos to you for putting that one in check; he always has something unfruitful to say! Thanks........
@JJRoman Woooooo, kudos to you for putting that one in check; he always has something unfruitful to say! Thanks........
03/09/2011 9:27:17 AM
User
@JJRoman if it makes you happy to fool yourself--go right ahead ---all involved knows better.
@JJRoman if it makes you happy to fool yourself--go right ahead ---all involved knows better.
03/09/2011 9:35:36 AM
User
@JJRoman Again its so "funny" how everyone claims to know everyone else' business and affairs and not that of their own. I have also said the same with regards to the coaches at "dozo" but they think they know as well, go figure. Whatever as long as your bringing this athletes stats and performance to a higher peak, i say congrats keep up the good work; and thanks for the follow-up with your credentials that most dont show just talk!!!
@JJRoman Again its so "funny" how everyone claims to know everyone else' business and affairs and not that of their own. I have also said the same with regards to the coaches at "dozo" but they think they know as well, go figure. Whatever as long as your bringing this athletes stats and performance to a higher peak, i say congrats keep up the good work; and thanks for the follow-up with your credentials that most dont show just talk!!!
03/09/2011 10:20:29 AM
User
@Tellit1 My pleasure! Coach Joe
@Tellit1

My pleasure!

Coach Joe
03/09/2011 10:23:55 AM
User
@Tellit1 Thanks again for your support! We need more of you and less of the "fruit cake" kind! Coach Joe
@Tellit1

Thanks again for your support!
We need more of you and less of the "fruit cake" kind!

Coach Joe
03/09/2011 10:24:21 AM
Coach
@breadfruit I think what everyone is losing sight of is that this is high school athletics. We are suppose to be coaching for the kids, not to see who is the better coach. I think it can be said that every coach that this student athlete has had, in someway, has been an influence on the child's life. Everyone should be happy for all the student athletes and encouraging, not to try and make claim to that student athlete. Regardless who the coach is the student athlete is the one that should get the credit, not the coach. I think it's sad to have a pissing match on a message board that any high school athlete can see. Set the example for the student athletes, don't encourage poor sportsmanship. If you are going to have your squabbles then do it in private among adults, not on a message board for everyone to see.
@breadfruit

I think what everyone is losing sight of is that this is high school athletics. We are suppose to be coaching for the kids, not to see who is the better coach. I think it can be said that every coach that this student athlete has had, in someway, has been an influence on the child's life. Everyone should be happy for all the student athletes and encouraging, not to try and make claim to that student athlete. Regardless who the coach is the student athlete is the one that should get the credit, not the coach. I think it's sad to have a pissing match on a message board that any high school athlete can see. Set the example for the student athletes, don't encourage poor sportsmanship. If you are going to have your squabbles then do it in private among adults, not on a message board for everyone to see.
03/09/2011 12:38:55 PM
User
@coachjp2003 Well said, I agree with everything you said. I was just a little annoyed with how Joe came across " MY THROWER" and refuse to reconize the coach from Francis Lewis as a coach but as a Phis/Ed teacher (a coach that has won many Queens title and has been coaching for many many years). Your point is well taken.
@coachjp2003 Well said, I agree with everything you said. I was just a little annoyed with how Joe came across " MY THROWER" and refuse to reconize the coach from Francis Lewis as a coach but as a Phis/Ed teacher (a coach that has won many Queens title and has been coaching for many many years). Your point is well taken.
03/09/2011 1:46:31 PM
Power User
As my father always said, " there is no limit to what can be accomplished if no one cares who gets the credit." You guys ought to take heed. :-)N Paul Limmer NSSF See you all this weekend!.
As my father always said, " there is no limit to what can be accomplished if no one cares who gets the credit."
You guys ought to take heed.
N
Paul Limmer NSSF
See you all this weekend!.
03/09/2011 8:47:24 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
chuk is the man! hopefully he gets in.
chuk is the man! hopefully he gets in.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.