Obviously a short course
10/08/2020 10:43:05 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
You guys see the results from the Parkview fall break time trial this morning? Clearly coach D doesn't know how to wheel a course because those times were ridiculous. Are you kidding me? A kid goes 19:58 at Bob Roller and 18:05 today? No way. 17:37 at Bob Roller goes 16:49 today? Come on. 19:16 at Bob Roller to 18:13 today. Please. Or what about the girl who went 20:15 at Starrs Mill and 20:34 at Bob Roller who runs 18:58 today? I don't think we should let this meet count as a 5k in the rankings, we don't want the rankings database to be compromised. I feel bad for the kids who were lied to this morning and think they actually ran a full 5000m. There's no way they could have run those times for the full distance.
You guys see the results from the Parkview fall break time trial this morning? Clearly coach D doesn't know how to wheel a course because those times were ridiculous. Are you kidding me? A kid goes 19:58 at Bob Roller and 18:05 today? No way. 17:37 at Bob Roller goes 16:49 today? Come on. 19:16 at Bob Roller to 18:13 today. Please. Or what about the girl who went 20:15 at Starrs Mill and 20:34 at Bob Roller who runs 18:58 today?

I don't think we should let this meet count as a 5k in the rankings, we don't want the rankings database to be compromised. I feel bad for the kids who were lied to this morning and think they actually ran a full 5000m. There's no way they could have run those times for the full distance.
10/08/2020 12:17:23 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
McClay- when measuring the course Demarest told me the flat spot on his wheel wouldn’t make that much difference.
McClay- when measuring the course Demarest told me the flat spot on his wheel wouldn't make that much difference.
10/08/2020 1:58:21 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@spxcoachrm Sigh. Never did I imagine that I'd be the subject of such a scathing post. Look - I can easily explain why many of my kids ran fast today. First, look at the virtual meet: [url=https://ga.milesplit.com/meets/virtual/2020/cc/hs/f/results?teams=4452&avg=1]https://ga.milesplit.com/meets/virtual/2020/cc/hs/f/results?teams=4452&avg=1[/url] You can clearly see that we were the heavy favorites coming in, so my kids had a lot of motivation to do well today. I'm greedy though, so merely winning wasn't good enough for me. I wanted them to PERFECT SCORE the meet. And you what? They did. Funny you failed to mention that one. So even if our course was short (it wasn't - I'll show you), my kids accomplished goals today. Another reason is they were very familiar with the course. You know how much I prepared my kids? We did a workout this week - LITERALLY on the course! I call that good coaching. Perhaps you disagree. During our meeting yesterday, I even showed them the mile, 2 mile, 3 mile, AND finish line. Look for yourself: [url=https://www.parkviewtfxc.com/gallery_photos/15586524?gallery_id=1911026]https://www.parkviewtfxc.com/gallery_photos/15586524?gallery_id=1911026[/url] To further prove the validity of this, I used my Apple Watch (even waited until it counted down from 3 even though you don't really have to), AND I counted my steps! Trust me. I know how many steps a mile is. I didn't need my flattened wheel to help me prove that. I even made sure each mile was equal to the other to avoid confusion and get accurate splits. I hope this clears everything up for you (and any other judgmental people on these boards nowadays... sheesh).
@spxcoachrm

Sigh. Never did I imagine that I'd be the subject of such a scathing post. Look - I can easily explain why many of my kids ran fast today. First, look at the virtual meet:

https://ga.milesplit.com/meets/virtual/2020/cc/hs/f/results?teams=4452&avg=1

You can clearly see that we were the heavy favorites coming in, so my kids had a lot of motivation to do well today. I'm greedy though, so merely winning wasn't good enough for me. I wanted them to PERFECT SCORE the meet. And you what? They did. Funny you failed to mention that one. So even if our course was short (it wasn't - I'll show you), my kids accomplished goals today.

Another reason is they were very familiar with the course. You know how much I prepared my kids? We did a workout this week - LITERALLY on the course! I call that good coaching. Perhaps you disagree. During our meeting yesterday, I even showed them the mile, 2 mile, 3 mile, AND finish line. Look for yourself:

https://www.parkviewtfxc.com/gallery_photos/15586524?gallery_id=1911026

To further prove the validity of this, I used my Apple Watch (even waited until it counted down from 3 even though you don't really have to), AND I counted my steps! Trust me. I know how many steps a mile is. I didn't need my flattened wheel to help me prove that. I even made sure each mile was equal to the other to avoid confusion and get accurate splits.

I hope this clears everything up for you (and any other judgmental people on these boards nowadays... sheesh).
10/08/2020 2:03:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Coach D used Coach Henson's famous Parkview four flat-sided wheel to measure the course. It works well if you walk really slow. Heck, Parkview can run with Westminster!
Coach D used Coach Henson's famous Parkview four flat-sided wheel to measure the course.
It works well if you walk really slow.

Heck, Parkview can run with Westminster!
10/11/2020 4:56:26 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
This is crazy. All this about a race. And in particular pointing out the effect this one race had on the rankings. Have you looked at what ASICS did to those same rankings? I have not heard a peep about it. Calling out another coach is insane. The great thing about our sport is that no two courses are the same, period. BUT you still have to do the same thing on each of those courses....beat the person beside you. Times be darned. TIMES do not matter, the individual races inside the race do. Those races are run on each course whether flat, hilly, long or short. If you want to see the rankings, look at the team scores from each race, compare them to other races. Talk to you fellow coaches and get their insight. But please do not base your kids training and attitudes on them. It is unproductive at best. And if the above does not work and you are worried about how your times are stacking up compared to others, you can always go race them. I will let you borrow our field and personally shoot the gun. I am willing to bet your times will not be the topic of discussion then.
This is crazy. All this about a race. And in particular pointing out the effect this one race had on the rankings. Have you looked at what ASICS did to those same rankings? I have not heard a peep about it. Calling out another coach is insane. The great thing about our sport is that no two courses are the same, period. BUT you still have to do the same thing on each of those courses....beat the person beside you. Times be darned. TIMES do not matter, the individual races inside the race do. Those races are run on each course whether flat, hilly, long or short.
If you want to see the rankings, look at the team scores from each race, compare them to other races. Talk to you fellow coaches and get their insight. But please do not base your kids training and attitudes on them. It is unproductive at best.
And if the above does not work and you are worried about how your times are stacking up compared to others, you can always go race them. I will let you borrow our field and personally shoot the gun. I am willing to bet your times will not be the topic of discussion then.
10/11/2020 5:43:26 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@ParkviewCoachDXC My bad, deleted the performances and set the meet up as an Outdoor Track meet.
@ParkviewCoachDXC My bad, deleted the performances and set the meet up as an Outdoor Track meet.
10/11/2020 6:36:41 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Oh shoot. I apologize if not everybody understood this was a joke. Coach Demarest at Parkview is one of my best friends and I knew ahead of time what he was doing with his kids as a result of a last minute adjustment he had to make. So I thought it would be fun to post a little tongue and cheek post about it since we didn’t get the normal accusations of ASICS this year. His response made me laugh really hard. I suggest you go click on his course map if you haven’t already and I think you’ll understand the joke.
Oh shoot. I apologize if not everybody understood this was a joke. Coach Demarest at Parkview is one of my best friends and I knew ahead of time what he was doing with his kids as a result of a last minute adjustment he had to make. So I thought it would be fun to post a little tongue and cheek post about it since we didn't get the normal accusations of ASICS this year. His response made me laugh really hard. I suggest you go click on his course map if you haven't already and I think you'll understand the joke.
10/11/2020 7:44:30 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@spxcoachrm Sorry for the harsh response. The course map is absolutely hilarious. I was also prodding some folks to come up and run on our course. I guarantee time will not be an issue!! [url=https://ga.milesplit.com/meets/391163-franklin-county-region-tune-up/info#.X4OYx2hKhPY]https://ga.milesplit.com/meets/391163-franklin-county-region-tune-up/info#.X4OYx2hKhPY[/url]
@spxcoachrm
Sorry for the harsh response. The course map is absolutely hilarious. I was also prodding some folks to come up and run on our course. I guarantee time will not be an issue!!

https://ga.milesplit.com/meets/391163-franklin-county-region-tune-up/info#.X4OYx2hKhPY

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.