Alpharetta, Milton, and Cambridge Prom Conflicts
02/13/2020 11:38:00 PM
User
So three Fulton County schools have prom this day. How will that impact the race times?
So three Fulton County schools have prom this day. How will that impact the race times?
02/13/2020 11:41:40 PM
User
@fl1-a8daa850-95b1-4930-81d4-b40c3c2981f3 Yes, two of my sons are seniors and would hate to miss their last prom, and would especially hate to leave their dates hanging. Are there any plans of changing the date?
@fl1-a8daa850-95b1-4930-81d4-b40c3c2981f3
Yes, two of my sons are seniors and would hate to miss their last prom, and would especially hate to leave their dates hanging. Are there any plans of changing the date?
02/13/2020 11:45:42 PM
User
My son already missed a majority of his prom last year because of a race! He was not able to take pictures, have dinner, and only stayed at the prom for 30 mins. Bad timing!
My son already missed a majority of his prom last year because of a race! He was not able to take pictures, have dinner, and only stayed at the prom for 30 mins. Bad timing!
02/14/2020 3:04:18 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Prom has been a scheduling hurdle in timing an A Public Area meet for several seasons. I never really 'got' what a huge deal it was for small town public school students (a true rite of passage), as I attended very strict Georgia Christian School (south of Valdosta) and we did not have a 'Prom' as dancing was not allowed. But, its a big deal across the spectrum in Georgia and nationwide, and should be respected and accomodated for these students.
Prom has been a scheduling hurdle in timing an A Public Area meet for several seasons. I never really 'got' what a huge deal it was for small town public school students (a true rite of passage), as I attended very strict Georgia Christian School (south of Valdosta) and we did not have a 'Prom' as dancing was not allowed. But, its a big deal across the spectrum in Georgia and nationwide, and should be respected and accomodated for these students.
02/14/2020 1:01:46 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Cobb County has this conflict with schools every year. If your athletes can't make their event, then they need to be replaced with the next best option on the team. You won't find a weekend in the spring where there isn't some conflict with prom. Just hope it isn't region, sectional or state.
Cobb County has this conflict with schools every year. If your athletes can't make their event, then they need to be replaced with the next best option on the team. You won't find a weekend in the spring where there isn't some conflict with prom. Just hope it isn't region, sectional or state.
02/14/2020 1:16:00 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=tlgcc1]Cobb County has this conflict with schools every year. If your athletes can't make their event, then they need to be replaced with the next best option on the team. You won't find a weekend in the spring where there isn't some conflict with prom. Just hope it isn't region, sectional or state.[/quote] Yeah our prom had a conflict with Sectionals Saturday two years in a row. And I had several 3200 runners. The first year they managed to make prom itself as sectionals was in Atlanta. LAst year, we were in Valdosta and there was no chance to get back if you were racing in an event later in the day. It's a bummer, but like you said, there will always be a conflict no matter the weekend chosen.
lgcc1 wrote:

Yeah our prom had a conflict with Sectionals Saturday two years in a row. And I had several 3200 runners. The first year they managed to make prom itself as sectionals was in Atlanta. LAst year, we were in Valdosta and there was no chance to get back if you were racing in an event later in the day. It's a bummer, but like you said, there will always be a conflict no matter the weekend chosen.
02/15/2020 6:49:43 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I'm sorry that the Fulton County Championships conflict with some Proms, but the meet dates and times are locked in. This is something that we, the track coaches, deal with every year. Hopefully, those athletes that have conflicts will get with their coaches and make decisions that best suit them and their teams.
I'm sorry that the Fulton County Championships conflict with some Proms, but the meet dates and times are locked in. This is something that we, the track coaches, deal with every year. Hopefully, those athletes that have conflicts will get with their coaches and make decisions that best suit them and their teams.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.