Reclass 2020-2022
11/06/2019 10:43:13 PM
Power User
Any fun discussion about how GHSA Reclass is looking? Come on, you guys are too quiet on this!
Any fun discussion about how GHSA Reclass is looking?

Come on, you guys are too quiet on this!
11/07/2019 7:21:17 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachBorg This ia how 2A will be paired in my opinion... [b]Region 1 (6 Teams):[/b] Thomasville, Cook, Worth, Fitzgerald, Early, Berrien [b]Region 2 (8 Teams):[/b] Jeff Davis, Toombs, Vidalia, Swainsboro, Woodville-Tompkins, Bacon, Bryan, Savannah [b]Region 3 (6 Teams):[/b] Washington Co., Dodge, Southwest, Northeast, Bleckley, East Laurens [b]Region 4 (6 Teams):[/b] Butler, Glenn Hills, Jefferson Co., Screven, Laney, Josey [b]Region 5 (7 Teams):[/b] Bremen, Callaway, Heard, Lamar, Temple, Haralson, Kendrick [b]Region 6 (8 Teams):[/b] McNair, South Atlanta, Therrell, Washington, Stilwell Arts, Lovett, Columbia, Towers [b]Region 7 (6 Teams):[/b] Model, Chattooga, Coosa, Dade, Gordon Central, Pepperrell [b]Region 8 (10 Teams - Sub Divided North/South):[/b] North - Banks, Union, Rabun, Fannin, Riverside Military South - Elbert, Putnam, Monticello, Oglethorpe, Social Circle [b]Movement UP or Down Classification...[/b] Expecting Kendrick to elect to play up with other Columbus schools which would allow Westside Augusta to shift down to AA and would play in Region 4. Swainsboro could possibly be moved from Region 2 to Region 3 to create more balance with the regions if Westside Augusta does move into Region 4. Big Dogs moving into AA... [b]Lovett[/b]
@CoachBorg

This ia how 2A will be paired in my opinion...

Region 1 (6 Teams): Thomasville, Cook, Worth, Fitzgerald, Early, Berrien
Region 2 (8 Teams): Jeff Davis, Toombs, Vidalia, Swainsboro, Woodville-Tompkins, Bacon, Bryan, Savannah
Region 3 (6 Teams): Washington Co., Dodge, Southwest, Northeast, Bleckley, East Laurens
Region 4 (6 Teams): Butler, Glenn Hills, Jefferson Co., Screven, Laney, Josey
Region 5 (7 Teams): Bremen, Callaway, Heard, Lamar, Temple, Haralson, Kendrick
Region 6 (8 Teams): McNair, South Atlanta, Therrell, Washington, Stilwell Arts, Lovett, Columbia, Towers
Region 7 (6 Teams): Model, Chattooga, Coosa, Dade, Gordon Central, Pepperrell
Region 8 (10 Teams - Sub Divided North/South):
North - Banks, Union, Rabun, Fannin, Riverside Military
South - Elbert, Putnam, Monticello, Oglethorpe, Social Circle

Movement UP or Down Classification...
Expecting Kendrick to elect to play up with other Columbus schools which would allow Westside Augusta to shift down to AA and would play in Region 4.

Swainsboro could possibly be moved from Region 2 to Region 3 to create more balance with the regions if Westside Augusta does move into Region 4.

Big Dogs moving into AA... Lovett
11/07/2019 8:51:15 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The big challenge with A Public is that instead of Area's they will have Regions for all sports. That could create some very unbalanced regions for many sports, not just cross country. In terms of numbers of schools who play certain sports. New schools: Armuchee Dublin Brooks County Metter Davidson Fine Arts Johnson, Augusta Brooks County is the only school in the anticipated Region 1 that will have a soccer team. Davidson and Johnson both played AA with the other Richmond County schools and might opt to do that as well. If those two go up, that would push Bryan and Screven down.
The big challenge with A Public is that instead of Area's they will have Regions for all sports. That could create some very unbalanced regions for many sports, not just cross country. In terms of numbers of schools who play certain sports.

New schools:
Armuchee
Dublin
Brooks County
Metter
Davidson Fine Arts
Johnson, Augusta

Brooks County is the only school in the anticipated Region 1 that will have a soccer team. Davidson and Johnson both played AA with the other Richmond County schools and might opt to do that as well. If those two go up, that would push Bryan and Screven down.
11/07/2019 8:54:26 AM
Coach
@StateChamp17 Do you think there is a chance that Monticello and Putnam could be put in Region 3 instead of Region 8? Geographically I just think that makes more sense than Fannin and Putnam being in the same region. Also might balance the region sizes a little more. I know its all just speculation though at this point.
@StateChamp17

Do you think there is a chance that Monticello and Putnam could be put in Region 3 instead of Region 8? Geographically I just think that makes more sense than Fannin and Putnam being in the same region. Also might balance the region sizes a little more. I know its all just speculation though at this point.
11/07/2019 9:15:54 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachbchs Yes I can see that scenario happening. You can also throw Lamar County into that mix for Region 3 since they are the outlier for Region 5. Goes back to what @RobtheAggie said if a few teams elect to play up giving the opportunity for a few teams to move down that could significantly impact the landscape of teams in AA both on the bottom end and the top end of the classification. Geographically I think you see at least one region sub-divided when all the movement up/down is finalized.
@coachbchs

Yes I can see that scenario happening. You can also throw Lamar County into that mix for Region 3 since they are the outlier for Region 5.

Goes back to what @RobtheAggie said if a few teams elect to play up giving the opportunity for a few teams to move down that could significantly impact the landscape of teams in AA both on the bottom end and the top end of the classification.

Geographically I think you see at least one region sub-divided when all the movement up/down is finalized.
11/07/2019 10:07:10 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
The GHSA had the Region alignment map up on it's website yesterday, but it was quickly taken down.
The GHSA had the Region alignment map up on it's website yesterday, but it was quickly taken down.
11/07/2019 11:34:24 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Looking at the Reclass list, there are definitely a few things confusing me. Why is Woodward in 5a when Pius is in 6a?? Both schools have the same data, and I would understand making them both 5a or 6a, but why on earth are they separated? Woodward's Reclassification Count is higher than half of those in 6a. I'm also interested to see who will request to move up in classification, I remember Pace moved to 3a last time. Will this happen again? Also why is there a * next to Charter schools?
Looking at the Reclass list, there are definitely a few things confusing me.

Why is Woodward in 5a when Pius is in 6a?? Both schools have the same data, and I would understand making them both 5a or 6a, but why on earth are they separated? Woodward's Reclassification Count is higher than half of those in 6a.

I'm also interested to see who will request to move up in classification, I remember Pace moved to 3a last time. Will this happen again?

Also why is there a * next to Charter schools?
11/07/2019 11:45:40 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@coachrickpt Schools were first ordered by raw fte numbers. After that the multiplier was applied. The multiplier can force a school up a maximum of 2 classes. The multiplier can not force a school out of Single A or into AAAAAAA. In Woodward's case, I assume they were in AAA based off raw numbers. Once the multiplier was applied they would have been in AAAAAA but because of the rule on moving up a max of 2 classes, they end up in AAAAA. Just guessing here, but St. Pius may have been just large enough (they only have 19 more students than Woodward) to put them at the bottom of AAAA. Once the multiplier was applied, they end up in AAAAAA. Schools have until Monday to appeal. Appeals are going to be heard Tuesday.
@coachrickpt

Schools were first ordered by raw fte numbers. After that the multiplier was applied. The multiplier can force a school up a maximum of 2 classes. The multiplier can not force a school out of Single A or into AAAAAAA. In Woodward's case, I assume they were in AAA based off raw numbers. Once the multiplier was applied they would have been in AAAAAA but because of the rule on moving up a max of 2 classes, they end up in AAAAA. Just guessing here, but St. Pius may have been just large enough (they only have 19 more students than Woodward) to put them at the bottom of AAAA. Once the multiplier was applied, they end up in AAAAAA. Schools have until Monday to appeal. Appeals are going to be heard Tuesday.
11/07/2019 11:57:50 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachrickpt * are schools that do not play Football.
@coachrickpt

* are schools that do not play Football.
11/07/2019 3:04:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Is it true that out of zone numbers can't be appealed?
Is it true that out of zone numbers can't be appealed?
11/07/2019 3:13:25 PM
Coach
@TeamWish If I am not mistaken, those numbers are submitted by the school AD, so an AD wouldn't be able to appeal his or her own count.
@TeamWish

If I am not mistaken, those numbers are submitted by the school AD, so an AD wouldn't be able to appeal his or her own count.
11/07/2019 3:18:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coachbchs Are you sure AD's submit those numbers? My AD had no clue where our numbers came from....
@coachbchs

Are you sure AD's submit those numbers? My AD had no clue where our numbers came from....
11/07/2019 3:30:37 PM
Coach
@TeamWish It may vary from school to school whether the AD is involved or not and to what extent, but either way the numbers come from the schools themselves.
@TeamWish

It may vary from school to school whether the AD is involved or not and to what extent, but either way the numbers come from the schools themselves.
11/07/2019 9:15:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Any ideas on how AAA regions are going to shake out?
Any ideas on how AAA regions are going to shake out?
11/07/2019 10:25:46 PM
Coach
They are submitted by school admin and district people based on FTE numbers. AD's aren't involved in that.
They are submitted by school admin and district people based on FTE numbers. AD's aren't involved in that.
11/08/2019 8:06:33 AM
Power User
With the current 6A line up here is my thoughts on what Regions might be: 1 (SE GA): Glynn Academy, Brunswick, Bradwell Institute, South Effingham, Effingham County 2 (SW GA): Valdosta, Lee County, Houston County, Northside WR, Northside Columbus 3 (I20 E): Evans, Lakeside Evans, Grovetown, Alcovy, Heritage Conyers, Rockdale County 4 (I20 W): Lovejoy, Morrow, Westlake, Hughes, Alexander, Carrollton, South Paulding, Douglas County 5 (I985): Habersham Central, Winder Barrow, Central Gwinnett, Lanier, Buford, Denmark, Cambridge 6 (Atlanta): Tucker, Lakeside Dekalb, St. Pius, Johns Creek, Chattahoochee, Centennial, North Springs 7 (I575): Creekview, Sequoyah, River Ridge, Pope, Lassiter, Sprayberry, Wheeler, Riverwood, North Atlanta 8 (I75): Dalton, Rome, Allatoona, Kennesaw Mountain, East Paulding, Paulding County, South Cobb, Osborne
With the current 6A line up here is my thoughts on what Regions might be:

1 (SE GA): Glynn Academy, Brunswick, Bradwell Institute, South Effingham, Effingham County
2 (SW GA): Valdosta, Lee County, Houston County, Northside WR, Northside Columbus
3 (I20 E): Evans, Lakeside Evans, Grovetown, Alcovy, Heritage Conyers, Rockdale County
4 (I20 W): Lovejoy, Morrow, Westlake, Hughes, Alexander, Carrollton, South Paulding, Douglas County
5 (I985): Habersham Central, Winder Barrow, Central Gwinnett, Lanier, Buford, Denmark, Cambridge
6 (Atlanta): Tucker, Lakeside Dekalb, St. Pius, Johns Creek, Chattahoochee, Centennial, North Springs
7 (I575): Creekview, Sequoyah, River Ridge, Pope, Lassiter, Sprayberry, Wheeler, Riverwood, North Atlanta
8 (I75): Dalton, Rome, Allatoona, Kennesaw Mountain, East Paulding, Paulding County, South Cobb, Osborne
11/09/2019 5:07:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Bwill912 In the first few weeks of the school, FTE counts are done. I'm not sure how every school does it, but at my school, each first period teacher submits numbers on select days. The last day of the count (usually after Labor Day), that becomes the FTE count that is submitted to GHSA. In many counties the FTE count can also affect the number of teachers at a school. If a school is below their projected number, they could lose teachers. If they're above, then they could gain teachers.
@Bwill912 In the first few weeks of the school, FTE counts are done. I'm not sure how every school does it, but at my school, each first period teacher submits numbers on select days. The last day of the count (usually after Labor Day), that becomes the FTE count that is submitted to GHSA. In many counties the FTE count can also affect the number of teachers at a school. If a school is below their projected number, they could lose teachers. If they're above, then they could gain teachers.
11/10/2019 8:52:41 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@rocknation32 FTE counts happened Oct. 1st. The state got the numbers to the GHSA a couple of weeks later. Schools had a couple of weeks after that to get the GHSA the out of district numbers.
@rocknation32 FTE counts happened Oct. 1st. The state got the numbers to the GHSA a couple of weeks later. Schools had a couple of weeks after that to get the GHSA the out of district numbers.
11/10/2019 10:52:57 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@xcnewbee You don't seem to be looking at grouping county schools together. I agree with your regions 1-3 (they are pretty obvious), but you have broken up the three Paulding County schools and the five north Fulton schools. I would do this: 4 (I20 W): Lovejoy, Morrow, Westlake, Hughes, Alexander, Carrollton, Douglas County 5 (I85): Tucker, Lakeside Dekalb, St. Pius, Habersham Central, Winder Barrow, Central Gwinnett, Lanier, Buford, 6 (400): Johns Creek, Chattahoochee, Centennial, North Springs, Denmark, Cambridge, Riverwood, North Atlanta 7 (I75): Creekview, Sequoyah, River Ridge, Pope, Lassiter, Sprayberry, Wheeler, Dalton 8 (I75): Rome, Allatoona, Kennesaw Mountain, East Paulding, Paulding County, South Cobb, Osborne, South Paulding Poor Dalton. Do they appeal to get some local schools around them? North Atlanta is a bit out of geographical place (they would be better suited in R7, but for the sake of balance, they go back with their 400 friends). What will be interesting is if the Cobb schools try to demand a single region. That would really cause havoc. Also, Winder-Barrow could move to Region 3.
@xcnewbee You don't seem to be looking at grouping county schools together. I agree with your regions 1-3 (they are pretty obvious), but you have broken up the three Paulding County schools and the five north Fulton schools. I would do this:

4 (I20 W): Lovejoy, Morrow, Westlake, Hughes, Alexander, Carrollton, Douglas County
5 (I85): Tucker, Lakeside Dekalb, St. Pius, Habersham Central, Winder Barrow, Central Gwinnett, Lanier, Buford,
6 (400): Johns Creek, Chattahoochee, Centennial, North Springs, Denmark, Cambridge, Riverwood, North Atlanta
7 (I75): Creekview, Sequoyah, River Ridge, Pope, Lassiter, Sprayberry, Wheeler, Dalton
8 (I75): Rome, Allatoona, Kennesaw Mountain, East Paulding, Paulding County, South Cobb, Osborne, South Paulding

Poor Dalton. Do they appeal to get some local schools around them? North Atlanta is a bit out of geographical place (they would be better suited in R7, but for the sake of balance, they go back with their 400 friends). What will be interesting is if the Cobb schools try to demand a single region. That would really cause havoc. Also, Winder-Barrow could move to Region 3.
11/10/2019 3:22:07 PM
Power User
@sinco yes I did ignore the county schools slightly. I truly focused on the geographic location as much as possible. I agree that Dalton and Habersham Central are the toughest schools because nobody is near them. Ultimately it makes sense to put South Paulding with East and PC, but them going to Rome and especially Dalton than where I put them, that was my reasoning. It will be interesting to see what happens!
@sinco yes I did ignore the county schools slightly. I truly focused on the geographic location as much as possible. I agree that Dalton and Habersham Central are the toughest schools because nobody is near them. Ultimately it makes sense to put South Paulding with East and PC, but them going to Rome and especially Dalton than where I put them, that was my reasoning. It will be interesting to see what happens!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.