Rankings = Wrong Once Again
09/08/2019 5:55:36 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@11650301 This is a great example of why people do not want to post on the message boards. Bruce/Rankers did not even make a post and they are being attacked. Not to mention you are hiding behind a username of just numbers. The rankers are coaches who volunteer their time each week to look through results and make educated rankings based on those results. Every course is different so it is hard to compare times from course to course. These rankers also have other full time jobs and families so they are not spending hours combing through results and trying to make course comparisons. This has been addressed multiple times before but the rankings reflect week to week performance. It is impossible for the rankers to check up on every team and know each of their top runners to determine if their true top 7 ran. It has also been stated that teams can drop in the rankings for that week if some top runners are not running. Most of the rankers try to give some insight in to their rankings each week which can help their logic, but in the end it is the educated view of one individual. Rankings are rankings. That is all. Something fun to look at but not something we should be attacking Bruce or the rankers about. If you do not like where your team is ranked then race faster and beat the teams you think you should be ranked ahead of. But in the end they do not matter. They do not give a State Championship to the highest ranked team. I give props to the rankers and thank them and Bruce for the time they spend trying to produce content for the website.
@11650301 This is a great example of why people do not want to post on the message boards. Bruce/Rankers did not even make a post and they are being attacked. Not to mention you are hiding behind a username of just numbers.

The rankers are coaches who volunteer their time each week to look through results and make educated rankings based on those results. Every course is different so it is hard to compare times from course to course. These rankers also have other full time jobs and families so they are not spending hours combing through results and trying to make course comparisons. This has been addressed multiple times before but the rankings reflect week to week performance. It is impossible for the rankers to check up on every team and know each of their top runners to determine if their true top 7 ran. It has also been stated that teams can drop in the rankings for that week if some top runners are not running. Most of the rankers try to give some insight in to their rankings each week which can help their logic, but in the end it is the educated view of one individual.

Rankings are rankings. That is all. Something fun to look at but not something we should be attacking Bruce or the rankers about. If you do not like where your team is ranked then race faster and beat the teams you think you should be ranked ahead of. But in the end they do not matter. They do not give a State Championship to the highest ranked team.

I give props to the rankers and thank them and Bruce for the time they spend trying to produce content for the website.
09/08/2019 6:14:46 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@11650301 attacks like this will get you banned.
@11650301 attacks like this will get you banned.
09/08/2019 7:52:01 PM
User
@11650301 Please share your infinite wisdom by creating your own rankings and giving as much information that you can come with in your spare time, while running your kids to practice, fixing dinner, attending open houses and managing a 40 hour a week job. We are all waiting....
@11650301 Please share your infinite wisdom by creating your own rankings and giving as much information that you can come with in your spare time, while running your kids to practice, fixing dinner, attending open houses and managing a 40 hour a week job.

We are all waiting....
09/08/2019 9:03:10 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@gawebmaster Well you might have just answered your own question in another post. If you ban everybody who stirs things up then you won’t have much discussion! @11650301 Your post is deleted and I can’t remember all of it. The one thing I do remember is you attacked the all class ranker. Which is me, and no I don’t care if I get future attacks, but I will say that I wait for 7a rankings and keep them the same before I do all class. I’m doing them as a favor because I didn’t want them to go away, but I take input from multiple coaches I trust before I do them. I’m certain I made mistakes this first week as I rushed them. But I did say that Harrison would shoot up the all class rankings once they ran full strength. @all Chill out a little bit perhaps? I only saw this post earlier because another coach texted me about a “troll” on the boards again. It’s been years since we’ve had one of those. Letsrun is way more popular than this site. Lots and lots of “trolls” there. Personally I don’t care. But you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Sounds like lots of people are happy with the lack of bickering on the boards. Great. Enjoy it. If you want more discussion- that’s on you. I have no problem with this poster calling me out. I knew I’d be at least a little wrong. I’ve done class or all class rankings probably 5 or 6 of the past 8 seasons. I have yet to be 100% right.
@gawebmaster

Well you might have just answered your own question in another post. If you ban everybody who stirs things up then you won't have much discussion!

@11650301

Your post is deleted and I can't remember all of it. The one thing I do remember is you attacked the all class ranker. Which is me, and no I don't care if I get future attacks, but I will say that I wait for 7a rankings and keep them the same before I do all class. I'm doing them as a favor because I didn't want them to go away, but I take input from multiple coaches I trust before I do them. I'm certain I made mistakes this first week as I rushed them. But I did say that Harrison would shoot up the all class rankings once they ran full strength.

@all

Chill out a little bit perhaps? I only saw this post earlier because another coach texted me about a "troll" on the boards again. It's been years since we've had one of those. Letsrun is way more popular than this site. Lots and lots of "trolls" there. Personally I don't care. But you can't have your cake and eat it too. Sounds like lots of people are happy with the lack of bickering on the boards. Great. Enjoy it. If you want more discussion- that's on you. I have no problem with this poster calling me out. I knew I'd be at least a little wrong. I've done class or all class rankings probably 5 or 6 of the past 8 seasons. I have yet to be 100% right.
09/08/2019 9:46:46 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@spxcoachrm great post!!! Message boards are mostly opinions. If someone’s opinion is deleted, why post in the first place? We can all just wait around and jump on Coach Robinson about his course being short in a month or so. I’m sure Jason didn’t mind Harrison being ranked lower when he had not even ran Sully yet. There are two trophy’s at the end of the season all coaches want to win and he has a better than average shot at both.
@spxcoachrm great post!!! Message boards are mostly opinions. If someone's opinion is deleted, why post in the first place? We can all just wait around and jump on Coach Robinson about his course being short in a month or so.

I'm sure Jason didn't mind Harrison being ranked lower when he had not even ran Sully yet. There are two trophy's at the end of the season all coaches want to win and he has a better than average shot at both.
09/09/2019 12:11:01 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
We still have some standards to uphold, especially 'personal attacks' on an individual. This was something the old Coaches Association insisted on. We have to rise above the bufoonery of boards like those mentioned in other topics.
We still have some standards to uphold, especially 'personal attacks' on an individual. This was something the old Coaches Association insisted on. We have to rise above the bufoonery of boards like those mentioned in other topics.
09/09/2019 7:36:24 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Whoever the person is that is attacking people about rankings - really? It's simply that - rankings. They don't mean anything - they are simply opinion and for conversation (positive conversation). Bottom line - everyone shows up to race - let the chips fall where they may. People just need to quit being so negative about everything and have fun with the rankings.
Whoever the person is that is attacking people about rankings - really? It's simply that - rankings. They don't mean anything - they are simply opinion and for conversation (positive conversation). Bottom line - everyone shows up to race - let the chips fall where they may. People just need to quit being so negative about everything and have fun with the rankings.
09/09/2019 10:17:32 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
I can't remember all of the original post. I just read through it at first yesterday afternoon and responded last night once it was already deleted. Apparently it was more of an attack than I realized? It didn't seem that bad to me. It just seemed like somebody saying the rankers were wrong about a few things. Which is true. And it's always true the first month of the season. There's alot of movement every week. Sure, he/she wasn't polite about it, but I didn't see any personal attacks or anything. Maybe I missed them.
I can't remember all of the original post. I just read through it at first yesterday afternoon and responded last night once it was already deleted. Apparently it was more of an attack than I realized? It didn't seem that bad to me. It just seemed like somebody saying the rankers were wrong about a few things. Which is true. And it's always true the first month of the season. There's alot of movement every week. Sure, he/she wasn't polite about it, but I didn't see any personal attacks or anything. Maybe I missed them.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.