2019 XC State Meet Schedule
04/08/2019 1:13:07 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Posted on GHSA website [url=https://www.ghsa.net/ghsa-state-cross-country-championships]GHSA 2019 Cross Country Schedule[/url]
Posted on GHSA website

GHSA 2019 Cross Country Schedule
04/08/2019 2:13:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@cbcarter7 ugh - was really hoping for that extra week. Would be nice to get one more week of decent weather for XC. Now you are looking at Area/Region meets on the 18th or 25th of Oct. Last year the high on Oct 6 was 88, then finally the 13th it was 72 and that was only the 2nd day all season with a high of below 75 degrees. So if you have your region on the 18th you would get 1 meet before then with anything remotely resembling XC weather. JV's are the future of the sport, would be nice to get them more than 1 or 2 chances to run in decent conditions.
@cbcarter7

ugh - was really hoping for that extra week. Would be nice to get one more week of decent weather for XC. Now you are looking at Area/Region meets on the 18th or 25th of Oct. Last year the high on Oct 6 was 88, then finally the 13th it was 72 and that was only the 2nd day all season with a high of below 75 degrees. So if you have your region on the 18th you would get 1 meet before then with anything remotely resembling XC weather. JV's are the future of the sport, would be nice to get them more than 1 or 2 chances to run in decent conditions.
04/08/2019 2:55:42 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@BillATC I think just unfortunate necessity for 2019. The Carrollton City Schools calendar already had Friday, Nov. 1 as a student holiday. So, State XC had to be on that weekend for 2019. I know the GHSA is aware, but can't really make any firm future decisions until it's decided whether Georgia is going back to 6 classes or staying at 7 classes.
@BillATC I think just unfortunate necessity for 2019. The Carrollton City Schools calendar already had Friday, Nov. 1 as a student holiday. So, State XC had to be on that weekend for 2019. I know the GHSA is aware, but can't really make any firm future decisions until it's decided whether Georgia is going back to 6 classes or staying at 7 classes.
04/09/2019 8:01:02 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@BillATC If it's any consolation, the Coaches Association advocated for a week later but like Coach Carter said, it unfortunately can't happen this year. It does look like it might happen for next year, so that the State Meet isn't in October, but those dates are not set in stone yet. The Coaches Association has also advocated for State Meet schedules/dates for multiple years at a time to be published, so maybe that is something that will happen in the future.
@BillATC

If it's any consolation, the Coaches Association advocated for a week later but like Coach Carter said, it unfortunately can't happen this year. It does look like it might happen for next year, so that the State Meet isn't in October, but those dates are not set in stone yet.

The Coaches Association has also advocated for State Meet schedules/dates for multiple years at a time to be published, so maybe that is something that will happen in the future.
04/09/2019 12:16:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
What is the rotation pattern? It feels like we have been on Friday forever.
What is the rotation pattern?
It feels like we have been on Friday forever.
04/09/2019 12:58:55 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
A Public is last again. This makes 5 years in a row. I understand why, but it would be nice to see some rotation.
A Public is last again. This makes 5 years in a row. I understand why, but it would be nice to see some rotation.
04/11/2019 9:25:33 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=WayneCounty]What is the rotation pattern? It feels like we have been on Friday forever.[/quote] I think the rotation is to move "back" a spot each year, with the exception of 1A Public remaining in the last spot on Saturday. For instance, 6A was 3rd on Saturday in 2016. 4th on Saturday in 2017. 1st on Friday in 2018. Scheduled to be 2nd on Friday in 2019.
WayneCounty wrote:
hat is the rotation pattern?
It feels like we have been on Friday forever.

I think the rotation is to move "back" a spot each year, with the exception of 1A Public remaining in the last spot on Saturday.

For instance, 6A was 3rd on Saturday in 2016. 4th on Saturday in 2017. 1st on Friday in 2018. Scheduled to be 2nd on Friday in 2019.
04/11/2019 9:36:22 AM
User
[quote=TFCoach16] I think the rotation is to move "back" a spot each year,[b] with the exception of 1A Public remaining in the last spot on Saturday.[/b] [/quote] And just guessing, but maybe the reason for that might be that 1A public has the largest, and most uniformly distributed, geographical footprint across the state, and (being small public schools) likely less able to afford overnight accomodations. The last slot on Sat means almost all could day trip it without 3am departures.
TFCoach16 wrote:
I think the rotation is to move "back" a spot each year, with the exception of 1A Public remaining in the last spot on Saturday.

And just guessing, but maybe the reason for that might be that 1A public has the largest, and most uniformly distributed, geographical footprint across the state, and (being small public schools) likely less able to afford overnight accomodations. The last slot on Sat means almost all could day trip it without 3am departures.
04/13/2019 10:35:21 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@cbcarter7 I don't know where to necessarily look for this information. What are the dates for the post-season races this year? (The Footlocker and Nike and USATF and MOC)
@cbcarter7 I don't know where to necessarily look for this information. What are the dates for the post-season races this year? (The Footlocker and Nike and USATF and MOC)
04/14/2019 12:48:09 AM
Power User
@Sorrells28 FL is Saturday, Nov 30th so that’s 4 weeks after state meet... enough time for another training cycle lol.
@Sorrells28 FL is Saturday, Nov 30th so that's 4 weeks after state meet... enough time for another training cycle lol.
04/15/2019 8:52:31 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachBorg You knew where I was going with that. I know that a couple of kids in the Hall County area have raced the USATF race and traditionally MOC has followed one week after State. Usually the USATF is the same day at the same course and same day. I know that every team and coach in the State doesn't run post season either. I was just brainstorming. A lot of scheduling for school systems depends on how a month falls, when school systems start their school year, when Thanksgiving falls,....etc. Definitely something for the future considerations. I know this by rule of thumb, no matter what happens with scheduling that not everyone is going to be happy or satisfied with the outcome.
@CoachBorg You knew where I was going with that. I know that a couple of kids in the Hall County area have raced the USATF race and traditionally MOC has followed one week after State. Usually the USATF is the same day at the same course and same day. I know that every team and coach in the State doesn't run post season either. I was just brainstorming. A lot of scheduling for school systems depends on how a month falls, when school systems start their school year, when Thanksgiving falls,....etc. Definitely something for the future considerations.

I know this by rule of thumb, no matter what happens with scheduling that not everyone is going to be happy or satisfied with the outcome.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.