Come on GHSA
03/20/2018 6:53:51 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Georgia schools being disallowed to compete at FSU Relays. I know what the rule is, but why?
Georgia schools being disallowed to compete at FSU Relays. I know what the rule is, but why?
03/20/2018 6:56:47 PM
Coach
It's also going to keep GA schools out of UF Pepsi relays.
It's also going to keep GA schools out of UF Pepsi relays.
03/20/2018 7:48:25 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
What is the rule?
What is the rule?
03/20/2018 8:18:12 PM
Coach
Basically you can't compete against any school that's not eligible for postseason in their association. (IMG Academy)
Basically you can't compete against any school that's not eligible for postseason in their association. (IMG Academy)
03/20/2018 8:26:25 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
They are not a memeber of their state association.
They are not a memeber of their state association.
03/20/2018 8:58:00 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Did the GHSA make a recent ruling about FSU Relays? I thought I saw the meet on the list of sanctioned meets on the GHSA website.
Did the GHSA make a recent ruling about FSU Relays? I thought I saw the meet on the list of sanctioned meets on the GHSA website.
03/20/2018 9:06:14 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@kml60 it is still on the list as of 30 minutes ago. We were just approved to run if we are not in heats with said School.
@kml60 it is still on the list as of 30 minutes ago. We were just approved to run if we are not in heats with said School.
03/20/2018 9:21:09 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Trailcat---who did you talk to at the GHSA? I was going to take some athletes to the Florida Relays this year since we don't have school on Friday. I really hope we can still go
Trailcat---who did you talk to at the GHSA? I was going to take some athletes to the Florida Relays this year since we don't have school on Friday. I really hope we can still go
03/20/2018 9:43:03 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@GoCubs It wasn’t me. Some of the other coaches who were going made some calls. Thanks for all the coaches who do what’s right for the kids.
@GoCubs It wasn't me. Some of the other coaches who were going made some calls. Thanks for all the coaches who do what's right for the kids.
03/20/2018 11:26:25 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@trailcat In 2017 GHSA told me that we could not run our kids at UF/Pepsi Relays during normal school hours (before 4pm on a weekday (M-F) and told GHSA that the schedule starts after 4pm on Thursday and then they approved us. We are also on spring break but school still in session on Thursday of 1st day of the meet.
@trailcat
In 2017 GHSA told me that we could not run our kids at UF/Pepsi Relays during normal school hours (before 4pm on a weekday (M-F) and told GHSA that the schedule starts after 4pm on Thursday and then they approved us. We are also on spring break but school still in session on Thursday of 1st day of the meet.
03/21/2018 8:04:04 PM
Coach
Anybody got definite yes you can run at FSU? I'm hearing it's ok, but not seen anything from GHSA.
Anybody got definite yes you can run at FSU? I'm hearing it's ok, but not seen anything from GHSA.
03/21/2018 9:12:02 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I haven’t heard,but we were told that if Georgia athletes were not in any heat with an IMG athlete,it was ok. The heat sheets look good except for the one team who pulled out. IMG Only has kids in 4x100,4x400,110 hurdles, and shot and discus.
I haven't heard,but we were told that if Georgia athletes were not in any heat with an IMG athlete,it was ok. The heat sheets look good except for the one team who pulled out. IMG Only has kids in 4x100,4x400,110 hurdles, and shot and discus.
03/21/2018 9:41:43 PM
Coach
We heard one school got a "go and have fun" from the GHSA, and talked to another coach who's AD told them that they couldn't go. Just wish GHSA would say yes or no, "officially".
We heard one school got a "go and have fun" from the GHSA, and talked to another coach who's AD told them that they couldn't go. Just wish GHSA would say yes or no, "officially".
03/21/2018 10:47:43 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
It’s still on the approved list for out of state meets. A lot of confusing things going on here.
It's still on the approved list for out of state meets. A lot of confusing things going on here.
03/23/2018 2:56:35 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@packerxc Got some clarification for UF/Pepsi Relays, GHSA will approve if: 1) The Friday portion of the track meet takes place during school hours. 2) There are several non-member schools from Florida and North Carolina that are participating in this meet. 3) There are schools from other states besides Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina that have not sent any information regarding whether schools from their respective states are sanctioned to compete or not. With all of that being said, the following two measures must take place before the GHSA will sanction our Georgia member schools to compete in the Pepsi Florida Relays: 1) No Georgia member school can compete during school hours which for the high school portion of this meet are the early Friday events. 2) The Meet director needs to set up the flights and heats of the meet so that the Georgia member schools only compete against athletes from the approved Florida member schools (FHSAA) and North Carolina member schools (NCISAA, NCCSA).
@packerxc
Got some clarification for UF/Pepsi Relays, GHSA will approve if:
1) The Friday portion of the track meet takes place during school hours.
2) There are several non-member schools from Florida and North Carolina that are participating in this meet.
3) There are schools from other states besides Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina that have not sent any information regarding whether schools from their respective states are sanctioned to compete or not.

With all of that being said, the following two measures must take place before the GHSA will sanction our Georgia member schools to compete in the Pepsi Florida Relays:

1) No Georgia member school can compete during school hours which for the high school portion of this meet are the early Friday events.

2) The Meet director needs to set up the flights and heats of the meet so that the Georgia member schools only compete against athletes from the approved Florida member schools (FHSAA) and North Carolina member schools (NCISAA, NCCSA).

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.