GHSA proposals from Board of Trustee Meeting 16 Oct that deal with Cross Country
10/17/2017 8:58:01 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Proposal to increase the number of Class A Cross Country teams qualifying for the state meet from 32 to 48 (24 each in Public and Private divisions). (Athens Academy - School that proposed the change) Motion by Stringer, second by Finch, to [u]Deny[/u] the proposal MOTION PASSED (unanimously) Proposal to reword by-law 2.62-e-7 on page 36 as follows (new wording in itallic): “Drones shall not be permitted to fly during any GHSA sanctioned event (Note: This prohibition begins when the gates or doors open and extends until the last spectator has left the field or arena.)” (GHSA office) Effective Immediately Motion by Finch, second by Jewell, to [u]Approve[/u] the proposal MOTION PASSED (unanimously) The increase in A was denied and the Drone flying passed.
Proposal to increase the number of Class A Cross Country teams qualifying for the state meet from 32 to 48 (24 each in Public and Private divisions). (Athens Academy - School that proposed the change)
Motion by Stringer, second by Finch, to Deny the proposal
MOTION PASSED (unanimously)

Proposal to reword by-law 2.62-e-7 on page 36 as follows (new wording in itallic): "Drones shall not be permitted to fly during
any GHSA sanctioned event (Note: This prohibition begins when the gates or doors open and extends until the last spectator
has left the field or arena.)" (GHSA office) Effective Immediately
Motion by Finch, second by Jewell, to Approve the proposal
MOTION PASSED (unanimously)

The increase in A was denied and the Drone flying passed.
10/17/2017 8:37:11 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
What possibly could have been a reason to vote against the increase, some regions have 5 or 6 teams in the top 10, and only 4 can go, it's really unbelievable. Thanks AA for trying to get a little sanity back, sorry insanity ruled the day.
What possibly could have been a reason to vote against the increase, some regions have 5 or 6 teams in the top 10, and only 4 can go, it's really unbelievable. Thanks AA for trying to get a little sanity back, sorry insanity ruled the day.
10/18/2017 12:16:56 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
If the Coaches Association knows about proposals like this beforehand, we can help. www.gatfxcca.org
If the Coaches Association knows about proposals like this beforehand, we can help. www.gatfxcca.org
10/18/2017 1:25:50 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@RobtheAggie Is Stringer, Coach Tommy Stringer who started his career at Clarkston (with Massey, Chonko, Beatty) then went to Loganville?
@RobtheAggie Is Stringer, Coach Tommy Stringer who started his career at Clarkston (with Massey, Chonko, Beatty) then went to Loganville?
10/18/2017 1:42:47 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=dbeatty]@RobtheAggie Is Stringer, Coach Tommy Stringer who started his career at Clarkston (with Massey, Chonko, Beatty) then went to Loganville?[/quote] @dbeatty I think so.
dbeatty wrote:

@dbeatty I think so.
10/18/2017 9:18:03 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I know each classification has one rep on the board of trustees. I know A is from Charlton County, other than that I do not know.
I know each classification has one rep on the board of trustees. I know A is from Charlton County, other than that I do not know.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.