Link to NFHS 1600 Video
05/14/2015 11:59:44 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
does anyone have it? Having a hard time locating it on their site. I found it and it says broadcast delayed, did this happen in all the races?
does anyone have it? Having a hard time locating it on their site. I found it and it says broadcast delayed, did this happen in all the races?
05/15/2015 1:01:16 AM
Coach
@gawebmaster I tried watching it live, I set my alarm at 1:30 a.m. in Germany to watch it, and it didn't work. I am now up on Friday morning, and trying watch the replay, and it still isn't there. Frustrating.
@gawebmaster I tried watching it live, I set my alarm at 1:30 a.m. in Germany to watch it, and it didn't work. I am now up on Friday morning, and trying watch the replay, and it still isn't there. Frustrating.
05/15/2015 9:21:15 AM
Coach
"The local Jefferson 4G signal was too weak to stream last night’s 1600. The signal will be boosted with the NFHS Network production van for today’s 3200 and Saturday’s finals. The 1600 will be posted for free on demand viewing on NFHS Network later this morning. We apologize for the inconvenience."
"The local Jefferson 4G signal was too weak to stream last night's 1600. The signal will be boosted with the NFHS Network production van for today's 3200 and Saturday's finals. The 1600 will be posted for free on demand viewing on NFHS Network later this morning.

We apologize for the inconvenience."
05/15/2015 11:04:26 AM
Coach
"The venue had some severe internet connection issues last night, so they were unable to live stream that event. The replay has now been uploaded [url=http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/ghsa/26c451a09e]here[/url]. They should have the bandwidth issues resolved so that the 3200s can be streamed without interruption. I do apologize about the inconvenience."
"The venue had some severe internet connection issues last night, so they were unable to live stream that event. The replay has now been uploaded here.
They should have the bandwidth issues resolved so that the 3200s can be streamed without interruption. I do apologize about the inconvenience."
05/15/2015 11:07:09 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@aparish Is it free for you? It's not for me. I'm not sure I want to pay $10 - $15 for a race I saw last night.
@aparish

Is it free for you? It's not for me. I'm not sure I want to pay $10 - $15 for a race I saw last night.
05/15/2015 11:26:49 AM
Coach
Free only because I got a Georgia Comcast login from someone. Yeah I wasn't going to pay either. Some crazy finishes in these 1600s!
Free only because I got a Georgia Comcast login from someone. Yeah I wasn't going to pay either. Some crazy finishes in these 1600s!
05/15/2015 11:31:44 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@aparish AA was especially exciting with Everett Smulders pushing his body to its limit. I've seen that at the state cross country meet (Heiskell and Borsare) but never track.
@aparish
AA was especially exciting with Everett Smulders pushing his body to its limit. I've seen that at the state cross country meet (Heiskell and Borsare) but never track.
05/15/2015 11:57:20 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=crivers]@aparish Is it free for you? It's not for me. I'm not sure I want to pay $10 - $15 for a race I saw last night.[/quote] @crivers It is free for me. You do have to create a free account though.
crivers wrote:
@aparish

Is it free for you? It's not for me. I'm not sure I want to pay $10 - $15 for a race I saw last night.

@crivers

It is free for me. You do have to create a free account though.
05/15/2015 12:13:11 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@TFCoach16 Got it now. Thanks!
@TFCoach16

Got it now. Thanks!
05/15/2015 12:41:46 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Some really great racing for sure last night in the 1600. Too bad the video folks insist on following the winner walking around after the finish versus showing all the other athlete's stretch drive. Funny how they don't assume that people paying to watch are most likely friends and family of athletes other than the winner of the race. Let's face it, even the winner's family has no interest in watching them walking around panting after the race and would appreciate seeing the push to the finish for the other podium placers. The camera totally missed the Lovett athlete's epic finish, instead preferring to follow Miller Kettle's recovery. You'd think even the most novice cameraman would have been compelled to show that drama. I'm going to make it a point to see if I can find the camera crew tonight and offer some unsolicited advice on how to properly film distance races. If any of you folks wish to do the same, perhaps we can affect some positive change.
Some really great racing for sure last night in the 1600. Too bad the video folks insist on following the winner walking around after the finish versus showing all the other athlete's stretch drive. Funny how they don't assume that people paying to watch are most likely friends and family of athletes other than the winner of the race. Let's face it, even the winner's family has no interest in watching them walking around panting after the race and would appreciate seeing the push to the finish for the other podium placers. The camera totally missed the Lovett athlete's epic finish, instead preferring to follow Miller Kettle's recovery. You'd think even the most novice cameraman would have been compelled to show that drama. I'm going to make it a point to see if I can find the camera crew tonight and offer some unsolicited advice on how to properly film distance races. If any of you folks wish to do the same, perhaps we can affect some positive change.
05/15/2015 7:36:09 PM
Coach
@crossfan2861 I agreed with most of your comments, except if you talked to the camera crew, they WAY over-compensated. I specifically was wanting to watch my former athlete Spencer Fields, and despite him leading the AA race from start to finish, I only saw 5 of his 8 laps or so. At one point the camera man lost him for more than 400m. And now the AAA race is in progress, and once again it is hard to keep track of the leaders. The cameraman is going around the track pausing for a few seconds on each runner, and they are spread out over a full lap. The biggest problem is that the camera man must no nothing about running. That and the constant zooming in and out is terrible. Oh well, at least the 3200 live stream is actually working unlike last night.
@crossfan2861 I agreed with most of your comments, except if you talked to the camera crew, they WAY over-compensated. I specifically was wanting to watch my former athlete Spencer Fields, and despite him leading the AA race from start to finish, I only saw 5 of his 8 laps or so. At one point the camera man lost him for more than 400m. And now the AAA race is in progress, and once again it is hard to keep track of the leaders. The cameraman is going around the track pausing for a few seconds on each runner, and they are spread out over a full lap. The biggest problem is that the camera man must no nothing about running. That and the constant zooming in and out is terrible. Oh well, at least the 3200 live stream is actually working unlike last night.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.