2015 Fulton County XC Champs to Include Private Schools
01/27/2015 9:01:20 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
New for 2015! All GHSA Private schools residing in Fulton County are invited to the 2015 Fulton County XC Championships to be hosted by Milton HS on Saturday, September 19th. The following letter will be e-mailed out directly to the listed schools BUT if you do not receive this letter and are not contacted directly and wish to attend please email me back at acarr@atlantatrackclub.org to make sure you receive all further communication. Thanks and look forward to very more competitive meet in 2015! To: XC Coaches of Public & Private Schools in Fulton County From: Coach Andy Carr, Community XC & T&F Coach, Milton HS Subject: 2015 Fulton County XC Championships Coaches- The Coaches & XC Booster Club of Milton High School would like to invite you to attend a XC meet at their course on September 19, 2015. Milton Cross Country has hosted the Fulton County Public Schools XC Championships for the past 3 years and in an effort to make the meet larger and more competitive, we are adding the Fulton County private high schools (GHSA schools only) with XC programs to participate. We polled the public school coaches and they responded to this change with overwhelming approval. The meet’s name would change and with the influx of teams will most likely add two open races and make the varsity races 10 runners per team and the JV races the next 15 runners per team. We may make some other changes but the awards would most likely remain the same but add top-10 medals for the open races. Public School Teams that are INVITED every year include: Milton (Host) Alpharetta Banneker Cambridge Centennial Chattahoochee Creekside Johns’ Creek Langston-Hughes North Springs Northview Riverwood Roswell Tri-Cities Westlake Private Schools (GHSA only) in Fulton County to be invited: Blessed Trinity-YES (boys) Fellowship Christian Lovett-YES Westminster Woodward Academy-YES Holy Innocents’-NO, will not be attending St Francis-YES Kings Ridge Landmark Christian Mt Pisgah Galloway-YES Pace Academy-YES Thanks for your support of this initiative and look forward to seeing all of you in September at the Fulton County XC Championships. The Coaches & Booster Club of Milton HS XC
New for 2015!
All GHSA Private schools residing in Fulton County are invited to the 2015 Fulton County XC Championships to be hosted by Milton HS on Saturday, September 19th. The following letter will be e-mailed out directly to the listed schools BUT if you do not receive this letter and are not contacted directly and wish to attend please email me back at acarr@atlantatrackclub.org to make sure you receive all further communication. Thanks and look forward to very more competitive meet in 2015!

To: XC Coaches of Public & Private Schools in Fulton County

From: Coach Andy Carr, Community XC & T&F Coach, Milton HS

Subject: 2015 Fulton County XC Championships

Coaches-
The Coaches & XC Booster Club of Milton High School would like to invite you to attend a XC meet at their course on September 19, 2015. Milton Cross Country has hosted the Fulton County Public Schools XC Championships for the past 3 years and in an effort to make the meet larger and more competitive, we are adding the Fulton County private high schools (GHSA schools only) with XC programs to participate. We polled the public school coaches and they responded to this change with overwhelming approval.

The meet's name would change and with the influx of teams will most likely add two open races and make the varsity races 10 runners per team and the JV races the next 15 runners per team. We may make some other changes but the awards would most likely remain the same but add top-10 medals for the open races.

Public School Teams that are INVITED every year include:
Milton (Host)
Alpharetta
Banneker
Cambridge
Centennial
Chattahoochee
Creekside
Johns' Creek
Langston-Hughes
North Springs
Northview
Riverwood
Roswell
Tri-Cities
Westlake

Private Schools (GHSA only) in Fulton County to be invited:
Blessed Trinity-YES (boys)
Fellowship Christian
Lovett-YES
Westminster
Woodward Academy-YES
Holy Innocents'-NO, will not be attending
St Francis-YES
Kings Ridge
Landmark Christian
Mt Pisgah
Galloway-YES
Pace Academy-YES

Thanks for your support of this initiative and look forward to seeing all of you in September at the Fulton County XC Championships.

The Coaches & Booster Club of Milton HS XC
01/27/2015 10:35:18 AM
Power User
This is a great step forward! I think this leaves St. Pius and Marist (and Dekalb County) as the only schools not invited to a county meet. Ho hum. I do ask though, since it is no longer "Fulton County Public School System" championships, why not invited city of Atlanta? They fit the same bill as private schools?
This is a great step forward!

I think this leaves St. Pius and Marist (and Dekalb County) as the only schools not invited to a county meet. Ho hum.

I do ask though, since it is no longer "Fulton County Public School System" championships, why not invited city of Atlanta? They fit the same bill as private schools?
01/27/2015 12:29:47 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Athens Academy, Athens Christian, Prince Ave. all compete in the Clarke-Oconee championships.
Athens Academy, Athens Christian, Prince Ave. all compete in the Clarke-Oconee championships.
01/27/2015 1:27:43 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=MaristXCcoach]This is a great step forward! I think this leaves St. Pius and Marist (and Dekalb County) as the only schools not invited to a county meet. Ho hum. I do ask though, since it is no longer "Fulton County Public School System" championships, why not invited city of Atlanta? They fit the same bill as private schools?[/quote] @MaristXCcoach I can't find one from the past 2 years, but it does look like the City of Atlanta had their own championship in 2012 and previous years. http://ga.milesplit.com/meets/126963-atlanta-public-school-championships#.VMfYdNJ4pcQ
MaristXCcoach wrote:
This is a great step forward!

I think this leaves St. Pius and Marist (and Dekalb County) as the only schools not invited to a county meet. Ho hum.

I do ask though, since it is no longer "Fulton County Public School System" championships, why not invited city of Atlanta? They fit the same bill as private schools?

@MaristXCcoach

I can't find one from the past 2 years, but it does look like the City of Atlanta had their own championship in 2012 and previous years.

http://ga.milesplit.com/meets/126963-atlanta-public-school-championships#.VMfYdNJ4pcQ
01/27/2015 9:34:46 PM
User
I believe that Westminster and Lovett are inside the Atlanta city limits. What about Galloway?
I believe that Westminster and Lovett are inside the Atlanta city limits. What about Galloway?
01/28/2015 2:15:36 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@nafgninnur [u]All GHSA Private schools residing in Fulton County.
@nafgninnur All GHSA Private schools residing in Fulton County.
01/28/2015 8:40:12 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
City of Atlanta did host their own championships at Grant Park. I wasn't aware that they hadn't done it recently, but I did officiate at one there about 10 years ago. I recall Grady beating Washington rather handily for the win. Only a few schools fielded full teams though.
City of Atlanta did host their own championships at Grant Park. I wasn't aware that they hadn't done it recently, but I did officiate at one there about 10 years ago. I recall Grady beating Washington rather handily for the win. Only a few schools fielded full teams though.
01/28/2015 4:17:37 PM
Coach
@MaristXCcoach but that's why you are starting a new branch of the GHSA - to develop new rules
@MaristXCcoach

but that's why you are starting a new branch of the GHSA - to develop new rules
01/28/2015 8:37:50 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@XCdawg APS still holds a city xc championship at the Grant Park Course, usually the 2nd or 3rd wednesday of October in the afternoon. The meet is public schools only and the meet director works for APS central office.
@XCdawg
APS still holds a city xc championship at the Grant Park Course, usually the 2nd or 3rd wednesday of October in the afternoon.
The meet is public schools only and the meet director works for APS central office.
01/29/2015 9:22:20 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Dekalb County Also has a County Championship, maybe its reaching out to the host school and having them open up to private schools, not trying to join into a county race that isn't your county.
Dekalb County Also has a County Championship, maybe its reaching out to the host school and having them open up to private schools, not trying to join into a county race that isn't your county.
01/29/2015 10:04:06 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=etomas12]Dekalb County Also has a County Championship, maybe its reaching out to the host school and having them open up to private schools, not trying to join into a county race that isn't your county.[/quote] @etomas12 When I was in DeKalb County the county track and xc championships were operated by the DeKalb County Board of Education. That is why I think private schools were not involved. Here in the Athens area the meets are operated by the coaches and therefore all private GHSA schools are involved.
mas12 wrote:

@etomas12 When I was in DeKalb County the county track and xc championships were operated by the DeKalb County Board of Education. That is why I think private schools were not involved. Here in the Athens area the meets are operated by the coaches and therefore all private GHSA schools are involved.
01/29/2015 12:23:03 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@bhs11 That makes sense for Dekalb. I just meant that the Fulton County Championship Meet is titled for Fulton county, so there would be no reason to invite schools outside of Fulton County, Public or not. Yes Fulton County doesn't have control over it anymore, but it is still a County championship. I do not know, but it seems the plea should be to Dekalb County DOE.
@bhs11

That makes sense for Dekalb. I just meant that the Fulton County Championship Meet is titled for Fulton county, so there would be no reason to invite schools outside of Fulton County, Public or not. Yes Fulton County doesn't have control over it anymore, but it is still a County championship. I do not know, but it seems the plea should be to Dekalb County DOE.
01/29/2015 8:11:55 PM
Power User
@etomas12 This is my point. If it is a Fulton county meet and not a Fulton county public schools system meet, why not invite APS? It is not like schools only run in one championship a year. We have county meets and region meets and even NEGA is a championship. So if APS has their own championship weeks later, okay. No need to exclude them if you are including Fulton private schools. They are in Fulton county. This is not meant to be critical of andy or Milton. I am so pumped about this meet and am quite jealous that we will be watching from the sidelines. It is an incredible event and the changes are a great step forward.
@etomas12

This is my point. If it is a Fulton county meet and not a Fulton county public schools system meet, why not invite APS? It is not like schools only run in one championship a year. We have county meets and region meets and even NEGA is a championship. So if APS has their own championship weeks later, okay. No need to exclude them if you are including Fulton private schools. They are in Fulton county.

This is not meant to be critical of andy or Milton. I am so pumped about this meet and am quite jealous that we will be watching from the sidelines. It is an incredible event and the changes are a great step forward.
04/30/2015 11:40:29 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
BUMP! Private schools in Fulton County- We will add you to the team listing on Milesplit so you can enter when you can! Looking forward to having you! Coach Andy Carr Community XC & T&F Coach Milton HS
BUMP!

Private schools in Fulton County-
We will add you to the team listing on Milesplit so you can enter when you can!
Looking forward to having you!

Coach Andy Carr
Community XC & T&F Coach
Milton HS
04/30/2015 2:32:12 PM
Coach
There have been some coaches or schools who've been awesome to work with, as far as allowing home schooled kids to race - but AA certainly isn't one of them, based on my experience, though they may be better about it than some coaches or schools who aggressively, almost belligerently, toe the GHSA line on discriminating against kids who don't attend GHSA schools. If you have a private school paid for 100% with private funds & no taxpayer support whatsoever, it's certainly your right to exclude kids from competing, however boorish or weak-minded that is. But if you hold your meet at a public park or on the grounds of a public school, it's really absolutely ridiculous to ban kids from competing. Thank goodness for the few coaches who agree on that and always allowed us to compete.
There have been some coaches or schools who've been awesome to work with, as far as allowing home schooled kids to race - but AA certainly isn't one of them, based on my experience, though they may be better about it than some coaches or schools who aggressively, almost belligerently, toe the GHSA line on discriminating against kids who don't attend GHSA schools. If you have a private school paid for 100% with private funds & no taxpayer support whatsoever, it's certainly your right to exclude kids from competing, however boorish or weak-minded that is. But if you hold your meet at a public park or on the grounds of a public school, it's really absolutely ridiculous to ban kids from competing.
Thank goodness for the few coaches who agree on that and always allowed us to compete.
04/30/2015 6:25:10 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
This is an informational only topic for Fulton County schools and not a place for discussion about another county and it's practices with GHSA & private schools. THX!
This is an informational only topic for Fulton County schools and not a place for discussion about another county and it's practices with GHSA & private schools.

THX!
05/01/2015 8:51:41 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@acarr6453 What about Galloway
@acarr6453 What about Galloway
05/15/2015 6:15:45 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@dbeatty Galloway has been invited. All Private schools in Atlanta that offer cross country that are GHSA schools are welcome to attend. See the meet page for school listing.
@dbeatty
Galloway has been invited.
All Private schools in Atlanta that offer cross country that are GHSA schools are welcome to attend.
See the meet page for school listing.
05/15/2015 11:15:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@acarr6453 Thank you
@acarr6453 Thank you
05/18/2015 7:27:26 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
http://ga.milesplit.com/meets/204340-fulton-county-xc-championships-public-and-private#.VVp1NvlViko
http://ga.milesplit.com/meets/204340-fulton-county-xc-championships-public-and-private#.VVp1NvlViko

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.