Article Comment: 5A Boys- Poteet Slams the Field, Clarkston Celebrates Their 1st State Title
11/09/2014 9:29:43 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Wow! What a great day. Congrats to all runners that participated, regardless of your individual or team placing. Victory and success looks different for every individual and it is not easy to do what these student athletes do. Keep your heads held high, as you are the best in the state of Georgia. Coach Hester Clarkston High
Wow! What a great day. Congrats to all runners that participated, regardless of your individual or team placing. Victory and success looks different for every individual and it is not easy to do what these student athletes do. Keep your heads held high, as you are the best in the state of Georgia.

Coach Hester
Clarkston High
11/09/2014 11:26:13 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Speaking of 5A, did anybody else see Poteet slam into the spectator who was cutting across the middle of the course? About 75m after separation slope. Luckily he didn't go down, but it was quite the collision as he turned the corner and ran right into her. I wish we could do something about that problem but I'm not sure what the solution is.
Speaking of 5A, did anybody else see Poteet slam into the spectator who was cutting across the middle of the course? About 75m after separation slope. Luckily he didn't go down, but it was quite the collision as he turned the corner and ran right into her.

I wish we could do something about that problem but I'm not sure what the solution is.
11/09/2014 12:02:44 PM
User
I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often at this course. Running the course through the middle of the tent area is a little crazy. Not sure what could be done about it without restricting spectators ability to move around but maybe more tape barriers with crossing points, at least in the tent area. If you havent been there before and its packed full of people its easy to wander onto the course. Lots of first time XC spectators at this meet.
I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often at this course. Running the course through the middle of the tent area is a little crazy. Not sure what could be done about it without restricting spectators ability to move around but maybe more tape barriers with crossing points, at least in the tent area. If you havent been there before and its packed full of people its easy to wander onto the course. Lots of first time XC spectators at this meet.
11/09/2014 12:27:58 PM
User
@TFCoach16 At least one other person must have seen it....i.e. the Webmaster, evidenced by his "Poteet Slams the Field" headline. :)
@TFCoach16 At least one other person must have seen it....i.e. the Webmaster, evidenced by his "Poteet Slams the Field" headline. :)
11/09/2014 6:32:17 PM
Coach
It was like watching a car wrck happen. You think you see what is about to happen, but your brain doesn't process it until it happens. Logan said he was totally stunned and then irritated by it. Just glad the lady was okay and Logan didn't hit the ground. Only slowed him by a few seconds.
It was like watching a car wrck happen. You think you see what is about to happen, but your brain doesn't process it until it happens. Logan said he was totally stunned and then irritated by it. Just glad the lady was okay and Logan didn't hit the ground. Only slowed him by a few seconds.
11/10/2014 2:02:18 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
What a great weekend, Clarkston HS & Dekalb County!!! I would like to thank all the Coaches in the Cross Country Community. You guys have been very supportive of us since 2012. Our students started this journey 3 years ago and believed in our program. As Coach Hester,Byrd & myself(Wesley Etienne)continue to guide them in building character for life, they will never forget this day!!!! Head Coach Etienne Clarkston High School 2014 5A State Champions XC
What a great weekend, Clarkston HS & Dekalb County!!!
I would like to thank all the Coaches in the Cross Country Community. You guys have been very supportive of us since 2012. Our students started this journey 3 years ago and believed in our program. As Coach Hester,Byrd & myself(Wesley Etienne)continue to guide them in building character for life, they will never forget this day!!!!
Head Coach Etienne
Clarkston High School
2014 5A State Champions XC
11/10/2014 3:16:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@etiennew Congratulations again Coach. I am proud to call you a friend.
@etiennew Congratulations again Coach. I am proud to call you a friend.
11/10/2014 7:55:00 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Great job coach! Coach Beatty Sr said to tell you, 'Great to restore the Angora Pride'
Great job coach! Coach Beatty Sr said to tell you, 'Great to restore the Angora Pride'
11/13/2014 11:45:24 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Coach Beatty Thanks so much. Please tell Sr. thanks for setting the tone of Angora pride!!!
Coach Beatty
Thanks so much. Please tell Sr. thanks for setting the tone of Angora pride!!!
11/14/2014 7:41:45 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=dbeatty]Great job coach! Coach Beatty Sr said to tell you, 'Great to restore the Angora Pride'[/quote] @dbeatty How is Coach Beatty Sr. doing? I coached against him when I was at Columbia. He was extremely dedicated to the sport.
dbeatty wrote:

@dbeatty How is Coach Beatty Sr. doing? I coached against him when I was at Columbia. He was extremely dedicated to the sport.
11/14/2014 10:14:38 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@bhs11 Hey Coach, He is doing well. Retired after 31 years teaching and coaching at Clarkston in 2003. He still teaches some at Brookwood, but mostly spends his time with his 7 grandchildren and their events. My son plays basketball for West Forsyth, so he will be in the gym this winter- and of course he goes to all the UGA games- where he ran track. He will be at the track/field clinic in January.
@bhs11 Hey Coach, He is doing well. Retired after 31 years teaching and coaching at Clarkston in 2003. He still teaches some at Brookwood, but mostly spends his time with his 7 grandchildren and their events. My son plays basketball for West Forsyth, so he will be in the gym this winter- and of course he goes to all the UGA games- where he ran track. He will be at the track/field clinic in January.
11/14/2014 10:19:07 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=dbeatty]@bhs11 Hey Coach, He is doing well. Retired after 31 years teaching and coaching at Clarkston in 2003. He still teaches some at Brookwood, but mostly spends his time with his 7 grandchildren and their events. My son plays basketball for West Forsyth, so he will be in the gym this winter- and of course he goes to all the UGA games- where he ran track. He will be at the track/field clinic in January.[/quote] @dbeatty I hope to be at the clinic and will look him up!
dbeatty wrote:

@dbeatty I hope to be at the clinic and will look him up!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.