Coach Wood Wrap up
10/19/2013 9:55:43 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
I want to thank all the teams and spectators that came out to the meet today. It was a great day and everyone seemed to have a great time. The meet could not happen without a lot of people. Nike and Fleet Feet are amazing sponsors to work with and we definitely thank them. Andrew Wheating was a big hit, as was the Nike tent. Also, I'd like to thank our own Mill Creek parents for the many countless hours they put into preparing for the meet and working today. We could not do it without them. I did unfortunately hear reports of shoes being stolen from the Nike tent, so I would ask coaches and parents to be on the lookout for shoes that were not paid for, and if they are discovered, to return them to the Johns Creek location of Fleet Feet. Runners, if this applies to you and you have a change of heart, you can return them to the store as well. I'm hoping this was not a rampant problem, as cross country runners are overall a great group of people as exemplified by their work ethic and team focus. Despite this, it was overall a great day! This meet was started back in 2003 as a way to honor my High School Coach, who continues to be a big influence on my life. I'm so glad that over 3,000 runners and tons of spectators could be a part of the 11th edition! Coach Christie Mill Creek
I want to thank all the teams and spectators that came out to the meet today. It was a great day and everyone seemed to have a great time. The meet could not happen without a lot of people. Nike and Fleet Feet are amazing sponsors to work with and we definitely thank them. Andrew Wheating was a big hit, as was the Nike tent. Also, I'd like to thank our own Mill Creek parents for the many countless hours they put into preparing for the meet and working today. We could not do it without them.

I did unfortunately hear reports of shoes being stolen from the Nike tent, so I would ask coaches and parents to be on the lookout for shoes that were not paid for, and if they are discovered, to return them to the Johns Creek location of Fleet Feet. Runners, if this applies to you and you have a change of heart, you can return them to the store as well. I'm hoping this was not a rampant problem, as cross country runners are overall a great group of people as exemplified by their work ethic and team focus.

Despite this, it was overall a great day! This meet was started back in 2003 as a way to honor my High School Coach, who continues to be a big influence on my life. I'm so glad that over 3,000 runners and tons of spectators could be a part of the 11th edition!

Coach Christie
Mill Creek
10/23/2013 7:36:04 AM
User
@coachac Thanks for a great meet. You are one of the nicest XC coaches ever.
@coachac Thanks for a great meet. You are one of the nicest XC coaches ever.
10/23/2013 6:21:23 PM
User
@Bobcat79 Coach Christie IS one of the nicest coaches ever, but he's also an EXCELLENT coach to our boys. He started this meet many years ago to honor his HS cross country coach who today is godfather to his daughters and like a second father to him. It must be really embarrassing to have something like this happen at our meet. I hope the missing shoes are returned and Mill Creek's good name restored. Coach Christie deserves no less.
@Bobcat79 Coach Christie IS one of the nicest coaches ever, but he's also an EXCELLENT coach to our boys. He started this meet many years ago to honor his HS cross country coach who today is godfather to his daughters and like a second father to him. It must be really embarrassing to have something like this happen at our meet. I hope the missing shoes are returned and Mill Creek's good name restored. Coach Christie deserves no less.
10/23/2013 6:43:50 PM
Coach
@runnermom610 As one who has had the privilege to run for Coach Christie, work beside him, have him stand up in my wedding, and still to date call on his advice-I may be a little biased- but Coach Christie does the sport right in every respect, and the products of his work are in the success of the teams he has raised, and of course the Coach Wood Invt.. I am happy to see what Coach Wood Invt. has grown to, and perhaps if Coach Christie keeps producing future coaches, we will collectively have the means to honor him in such a way one day. So, thanks to Coach Christie, and the tireless hours of work that I know he and his parent volunteers put into making this meet a premium event.
@runnermom610

As one who has had the privilege to run for Coach Christie, work beside him, have him stand up in my wedding, and still to date call on his advice-I may be a little biased- but Coach Christie does the sport right in every respect, and the products of his work are in the success of the teams he has raised, and of course the Coach Wood Invt..

I am happy to see what Coach Wood Invt. has grown to, and perhaps if Coach Christie keeps producing future coaches, we will collectively have the means to honor him in such a way one day.

So, thanks to Coach Christie, and the tireless hours of work that I know he and his parent volunteers put into making this meet a premium event.
10/23/2013 7:08:34 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
The Coach Christie Classic..has a ring to it, lol
The Coach Christie Classic..has a ring to it, lol
10/24/2013 5:20:01 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks for all the nice comments above!
Thanks for all the nice comments above!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.