Article Comment: College Recruiting Series #5 - The National Letter of Intent
01/03/2013 12:50:22 PM
User
Holy cow coach, I'm glad you get some breaks from doing meet coverage now and then. The last 10 days of articles on this site may be the best ever. Thanks!
Holy cow coach, I'm glad you get some breaks from doing meet coverage now and then. The last 10 days of articles on this site may be the best ever. Thanks!
01/03/2013 7:17:15 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Thank you, I think :-].
Thank you, I think .
01/12/2013 2:52:22 PM
User
Questions: What is the earliest an athlete can expect a letter? AND are they always sent to the school?
Questions: What is the earliest an athlete can expect a letter? AND are they always sent to the school?
01/12/2013 9:04:57 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@missyann The answers to your questions aren't very transparent from the side of the high school coach. I've consulted a college coach or two who should know better than I do and will post here when I get those answers. Thanks for asking!
@missyann

The answers to your questions aren't very transparent from the side of the high school coach. I've consulted a college coach or two who should know better than I do and will post here when I get those answers. Thanks for asking!
01/13/2013 7:07:21 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@missyann If I've read the answers correctly from the college coaches I've talked to, National Letters of Intent are most frequently sent to the prospective student-athlete at the PSA's home address. Many PSAs, however, bring this document to their high school to be signed in a what is often a semi-public signing ceremony. Given that an NLI expires 14 days from the date of issue, the school isn't likely to be sending these out too far in advance of Feb. 6. Maybe a week out, but probably not more than that. Very possibly less than that.
@missyann

If I've read the answers correctly from the college coaches I've talked to, National Letters of Intent are most frequently sent to the prospective student-athlete at the PSA's home address. Many PSAs, however, bring this document to their high school to be signed in a what is often a semi-public signing ceremony. Given that an NLI expires 14 days from the date of issue, the school isn't likely to be sending these out too far in advance of Feb. 6. Maybe a week out, but probably not more than that. Very possibly less than that.
01/16/2013 8:58:52 AM
User
Thanks! We really appreciate your work in getting these answers. And these articles are a great resource!
Thanks! We really appreciate your work in getting these answers. And these articles are a great resource!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.