Warpath Invitational 2012
09/12/2012 11:34:48 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
2012 WarPath Cross Country Invitational Preview By Coach Andy Carr The meet looks like a BIG showdown in both the AAAAAA and AAA ranks as many top programs converge on Canton’s Boling Park (host Cherokee HS) and it’s 3-loop and very fast course. Varsity Girls All-Class ranked teams will battle for the team championship with region foes Milton (#3 and #2 in AAAAAA) facing strong programs of Walton (#4 and #3 in AAAAAA) and Roswell (#7 and #5 in AAAAAA) on the same course they will compete for a region title in early November! But do not count out the AAA teams as St Pius (#2 in AAA), North Hall (#3 in AAA) and top-ranked Blessed Trinity (#1 in AAA) will be a force to reckon with as well! Woodstock (#8 in AAAAAA) and Centennial (#9 in AAAAAA) will also be factors. Individually the battle will be one of region foes Annie Kelly (Milton), Alexa Womack (Walton), and Peyton Thomas (Roswell) along with Savannah Carnahan (South Forsyth) and Rachel Thorne (Alpharetta). Could be a very fast and tight battle! Varsity Boys Just like the girls, the boy’s field is littered with top All-class ranked teams ready to do battle. The Eagles of Milton (#4 All-Class and #4 in AAAAAA) will have something to prove after their narrow loss to Peachtree Ridge last week. The big question will be the Raiders of Walton and who they run? No matter, the field also includes a All-Class ranked team from the AAA fold as North Hall (#8 All-Class & #1 in AAA) will challenge the big schools. The Wildcats of Wheeler will also be a factor (#9 in AAAAAA) as they tend to race well at Boling. The race upfront should be a good one as Brian Sullivan & Keenan Farmer (Walton) could provide a formidable 1-2 punch for the Raiders. Milton counters with Nate Riech but all eyes maybe on the AAA runners of North Hall as their trio of Witt Nix, Tucker Locicero and Bryce Schuebert will certainly be up-front. Throw in a dangerous Adel Younis (Wheeler) and Reilly Friedman of Galloway and the race maybe up for grabs.
2012 WarPath Cross Country Invitational Preview
By Coach Andy Carr

The meet looks like a BIG showdown in both the AAAAAA and AAA ranks as many top programs converge on Canton's Boling Park (host Cherokee HS) and it's 3-loop and very fast course.

Varsity Girls
All-Class ranked teams will battle for the team championship with region foes Milton (#3 and #2 in AAAAAA) facing strong programs of Walton (#4 and #3 in AAAAAA) and Roswell (#7 and #5 in AAAAAA) on the same course they will compete for a region title in early November! But do not count out the AAA teams as St Pius (#2 in AAA), North Hall (#3 in AAA) and top-ranked Blessed Trinity (#1 in AAA) will be a force to reckon with as well! Woodstock (#8 in AAAAAA) and Centennial (#9 in AAAAAA) will also be factors. Individually the battle will be one of region foes Annie Kelly (Milton), Alexa Womack (Walton), and Peyton Thomas (Roswell) along with Savannah Carnahan (South Forsyth) and Rachel Thorne (Alpharetta). Could be a very fast and tight battle!

Varsity Boys
Just like the girls, the boy's field is littered with top All-class ranked teams ready to do battle. The Eagles of Milton (#4 All-Class and #4 in AAAAAA) will have something to prove after their narrow loss to Peachtree Ridge last week. The big question will be the Raiders of Walton and who they run? No matter, the field also includes a All-Class ranked team from the AAA fold as North Hall (#8 All-Class & #1 in AAA) will challenge the big schools. The Wildcats of Wheeler will also be a factor (#9 in AAAAAA) as they tend to race well at Boling. The race upfront should be a good one as Brian Sullivan & Keenan Farmer (Walton) could provide a formidable 1-2 punch for the Raiders. Milton counters with Nate Riech but all eyes maybe on the AAA runners of North Hall as their trio of Witt Nix, Tucker Locicero and Bryce Schuebert will certainly be up-front. Throw in a dangerous Adel Younis (Wheeler) and Reilly Friedman of Galloway and the race maybe up for grabs.
09/13/2012 7:50:42 AM
Power User
@acarr6453 Nice write-up as always, Coach Carr. I believe only the St. Pius girls will be in Canton this Saturday, as the boys are scheduled to go to Carrollton.
@acarr6453 Nice write-up as always, Coach Carr. I believe only the St. Pius girls will be in Canton this Saturday, as the boys are scheduled to go to Carrollton.
09/13/2012 7:59:56 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Pre1962 Preview edited per your information and thanks!
@Pre1962
Preview edited per your information and thanks!
09/13/2012 9:46:13 AM
Power User
I believe the race has around 1600 runners this year!
I believe the race has around 1600 runners this year!
09/15/2012 2:48:44 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Pre1962 Some scoring and timing issues today will delay results. No points totalled yet but Varsity Girls: 1 Milton-clear winner by close to 20 pts without 2 girls being scored/timed 2. Walton-did not run Womack 3. Roswell-Peyton Thomas strong runner-up finish More scoring issues with Boys Varsity: (these were announced by AVERAGE TIME and they only announced top-3) 1. North Hall-clearly the winner, BIG race for them knocking off Milton & Walton! 2. Walton-did not run Sullivan 3. Milton-put 7 finishers in before #5 scorer for Walton, results maybe adjusted, still waiting Individual Varsity Champs: Annie Kelly-Milton-18:30 Keenan Farmer-Walton-15:50ish
@Pre1962
Some scoring and timing issues today will delay results.

No points totalled yet but Varsity Girls:
1 Milton-clear winner by close to 20 pts without 2 girls being scored/timed
2. Walton-did not run Womack
3. Roswell-Peyton Thomas strong runner-up finish

More scoring issues with Boys Varsity: (these were announced by AVERAGE TIME and they only announced top-3)
1. North Hall-clearly the winner, BIG race for them knocking off Milton & Walton!
2. Walton-did not run Sullivan
3. Milton-put 7 finishers in before #5 scorer for Walton, results maybe adjusted, still waiting

Individual Varsity Champs:
Annie Kelly-Milton-18:30
Keenan Farmer-Walton-15:50ish
09/16/2012 12:33:40 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Results are posted and still missing a great deal of people. No Open JV boys listed, wrong names for some in the other races. I know we ran 10 and 9 in the JV girls and boys and we don't have a full 7 listed. Varsity still missing at least one Walton runner each race. Woodstock boys don't have a full team, which I doubt, Kennesaw Mountain just has 5 boys, etc., etc.
Results are posted and still missing a great deal of people. No Open JV boys listed, wrong names for some in the other races. I know we ran 10 and 9 in the JV girls and boys and we don't have a full 7 listed. Varsity still missing at least one Walton runner each race. Woodstock boys don't have a full team, which I doubt, Kennesaw Mountain just has 5 boys, etc., etc.
09/16/2012 9:25:01 AM
User
Let me be Captain Obvious and point out that if you simply assume the places for the top teams are correct (that is, Galloway, Woodstock et. al. fielded full teams), then Milton edged North Hall 89 to 91. Walton next at 126 then KMHS next at 138. But if runners are still missing from the results, then all bets are off. This looks to be a hot mess........
Let me be Captain Obvious and point out that if you simply assume the places for the top teams are correct (that is, Galloway, Woodstock et. al. fielded full teams), then Milton edged North Hall 89 to 91. Walton next at 126 then KMHS next at 138.

But if runners are still missing from the results, then all bets are off. This looks to be a hot mess........
09/16/2012 10:14:33 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@friendofthedevil We, Galloway, ran a full varsity boys squad of 7 runners. Not all of our runners are listed that ran, but I have their times. The team final scores would be different.
@friendofthedevil We, Galloway, ran a full varsity boys squad of 7 runners. Not all of our runners are listed that ran, but I have their times. The team final scores would be different.
09/16/2012 10:26:52 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
I was told they could download the data from the chips and get the accurate info. Looks like the only race that was correct was the Open Girls JV, but we only had 5 in that race, so maybe other teams were still missing people. Hopefully later today or tomorrow we will get full, accurate results. It is a shame because there was great racing and Cherokee did an excellent job of organizing everything.
I was told they could download the data from the chips and get the accurate info. Looks like the only race that was correct was the Open Girls JV, but we only had 5 in that race, so maybe other teams were still missing people.

Hopefully later today or tomorrow we will get full, accurate results. It is a shame because there was great racing and Cherokee did an excellent job of organizing everything.
09/16/2012 10:27:54 AM
Power User
Crazy idea here...maybe send the results that each coach got for their team for their VARSITY squads and get things sorted out? Hand timed is better than wrong. Just an idea.
Crazy idea here...maybe send the results that each coach got for their team for their VARSITY squads and get things sorted out? Hand timed is better than wrong. Just an idea.
09/16/2012 10:59:46 AM
User
I am not a coach but just a frustrated parent. For the second year in a row, my son's race time has not been even recorded for this meet, let alone recorded correctly or incorrectly. As it was a pr for him by a good 45 seconds, it is frustrating and disappointing. He is not a varsity runner nor a possible college recruit, yet he works very hard for his times. These people are paid to do a job and should be doing it properly.
I am not a coach but just a frustrated parent. For the second year in a row, my son's race time has not been even recorded for this meet, let alone recorded correctly or incorrectly. As it was a pr for him by a good 45 seconds, it is frustrating and disappointing. He is not a varsity runner nor a possible college recruit, yet he works very hard for his times. These people are paid to do a job and should be doing it properly.
09/16/2012 11:08:54 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I can understand the frustration. In a related post, one of the coaches stated that he is still not even sure if his team was first or second based on the sketchy results. So what is the standard? I can understand delays in reporting results to the website, a missing runner time or wrong time that is correctable,glitches, etc. But how is it possible that you would leave the meet not even knowing which team was 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc? I am sure it will eventually get straightened out but that does not seem acceptable to me.
I can understand the frustration. In a related post, one of the coaches stated that he is still not even sure if his team was first or second based on the sketchy results. So what is the standard? I can understand delays in reporting results to the website, a missing runner time or wrong time that is correctable,glitches, etc. But how is it possible that you would leave the meet not even knowing which team was 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc? I am sure it will eventually get straightened out but that does not seem acceptable to me.
09/16/2012 11:32:27 AM
User
The so called dropping of the ball is happening way to frequently in Ga this year. UGA course too short. Carrolton (our state course mind you) was changed and is over 3.1 now, and coaches werent notified. Warpath Inv scoring problems. The site location for another run was changed but coaches weren't notified. There are several runs however that go on with no known issues. ie NEGA and Aubrae Gunderson are 2, and there many others. Everyone should understand runners, coaches and parents frustration.
The so called dropping of the ball is happening way to frequently in Ga this year. UGA course too short. Carrolton (our state course mind you) was changed and is over 3.1 now, and coaches werent notified. Warpath Inv scoring problems. The site location for another run was changed but coaches weren't notified. There are several runs however that go on with no known issues. ie NEGA and Aubrae Gunderson are 2, and there many others. Everyone should understand runners, coaches and parents frustration.
09/16/2012 11:54:47 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@dbeatty Coach Beatty, check your PM. Thanks!
@dbeatty
Coach Beatty, check your PM. Thanks!
09/16/2012 12:09:53 PM
User
[quote=tab949663]I am not a coach but just a frustrated parent. For the second year in a row, my son's race time has not been even recorded for this meet, let alone recorded correctly or incorrectly. .[/quote] @tab949663 Agreed - given the current technology, there should not be any races that are "Untimed". If teams, runners and parents make the commitment to travel to the meet (and pay the entry fees, parking/admission fees, and buy the t-shirts and biscuits), then every race should be timed and recorded.
ab949663 wrote:
I am not a coach but just a frustrated parent. For the second year in a row, my son's race time has not been even recorded for this meet, let alone recorded correctly or incorrectly. .

@tab949663

Agreed - given the current technology, there should not be any races that are "Untimed".

If teams, runners and parents make the commitment to travel to the meet (and pay the entry fees, parking/admission fees, and buy the t-shirts and biscuits), then every race should be timed and recorded.
09/16/2012 12:56:11 PM
User
The results are not trustworthy at all and should be taken down/backed out. Its not just a matter of missing times. They show that some of our varsity girls chips were given to another team. The results show 3 of our girls varsity runners finishing within a 4 position range of each other and seconds apart. This did not happen with our team. In fact the time from one of girls tag is 5 minutes better than any previous time she has run and she is not on the varsity team.
The results are not trustworthy at all and should be taken down/backed out. Its not just a matter of missing times. They show that some of our varsity girls chips were given to another team. The results show 3 of our girls varsity runners finishing within a 4 position range of each other and seconds apart. This did not happen with our team. In fact the time from one of girls tag is 5 minutes better than any previous time she has run and she is not on the varsity team.
09/16/2012 2:40:46 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
Everyone, sometimes things happen, I'm sure The PT Group is doing all they can within their power to remedy the situation.
Everyone, sometimes things happen, I'm sure The PT Group is doing all they can within their power to remedy the situation.
09/16/2012 3:18:18 PM
User
[quote=gawebmaster]Everyone, sometimes things happen, I'm sure The PT Group is doing all they can within their power to remedy the situation.[/quote] @gawebmaster I understand that sometimes things happen, but that would explain one or two glitches in a race, not an entire meet with wrong names and times. We had 10 kids run boys' JV and there are 5 times listed: 1 is a kid's name who wasn't there, 3 are incorrect names and 1 appears to be correct. I don't know about you, but where I work if I had a 10% accuracy rating I wouldn't have a job for long. If a company is hired to provide a service, they should provide it or expect to not be retained in the future. And like I said, neither my kid nor my kid's team is one of the huge forces that were at the meet but I would think those kids' coaches would be very dissatisfied.
gawebmaster wrote:

@gawebmaster

I understand that sometimes things happen, but that would explain one or two glitches in a race, not an entire meet with wrong names and times. We had 10 kids run boys' JV and there are 5 times listed: 1 is a kid's name who wasn't there, 3 are incorrect names and 1 appears to be correct. I don't know about you, but where I work if I had a 10% accuracy rating I wouldn't have a job for long. If a company is hired to provide a service, they should provide it or expect to not be retained in the future. And like I said, neither my kid nor my kid's team is one of the huge forces that were at the meet but I would think those kids' coaches would be very dissatisfied.
09/16/2012 3:31:49 PM
User
It seems like maybe this discussion could have been nipped in the bud by having something as simple as the meet director let everybody know what is going on. You could probably also say that about UGA, Carrollton yesterday, Starr's Mill, etc.
It seems like maybe this discussion could have been nipped in the bud by having something as simple as the meet director let everybody know what is going on. You could probably also say that about UGA, Carrollton yesterday, Starr's Mill, etc.
09/16/2012 3:41:17 PM
User
I agree just keep evyone informed of what is being done to correct any issues.
I agree just keep evyone informed of what is being done to correct any issues.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.