NY Fed Meet and NXR Merge?
12/03/2017 11:27:32 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I'm relatively new to XC coaching, so I'm not sure if this has been discussed on the boards or elsewhere at great length. It seems many NY coaches would like to somehow merge these two meets. Several top XC programs skip Feds nowadays to prepare for NXR. Starting in early November we go Conference-State Qual-States-Fed-NXR almost weekly, so kids usually need a down week somewhere in there. I can see how this would be logistically difficult considering NXR charges a fee and allows everyone to enter. I also see how it would be hard to let go of the rich tradition of the NY Fed meet.
I'm relatively new to XC coaching, so I'm not sure if this has been discussed on the boards or elsewhere at great length. It seems many NY coaches would like to somehow merge these two meets. Several top XC programs skip Feds nowadays to prepare for NXR. Starting in early November we go Conference-State Qual-States-Fed-NXR almost weekly, so kids usually need a down week somewhere in there.

I can see how this would be logistically difficult considering NXR charges a fee and allows everyone to enter. I also see how it would be hard to let go of the rich tradition of the NY Fed meet.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.